Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
akmatov
akmatov began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Need Add Book Preference Help

I'm very new to using Calibre but so far it seems fairly straight forward, but for one small issue.

I have a large number of ebooks I'm entering into Calibre, some of which are part of a series. Looking at the Preferences/Add Book I was able to rearrange the default setting to (?P<author>[^_]+)-(?P<title>.+) so that an ebook file in the format John Smith-A Book.pdf will Add Book into Calibre as Author=John Smith and Title=A Book.

However, what would be the formula for the first book in John Smith's naval mystery series, i.e. "John Smith - A Book - Naval Mystery 1"?

Looking at the preferences that can be set it seems there are quite a few items that could be translated from the file name into Calibre. However, while I was able to figure out "author" and "title", "series" added to the same style of formula didn't work.

Advise would be appreciated.
akmatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmatov View Post
I'm very new to using Calibre but so far it seems fairly straight forward, but for one small issue.

I have a large number of ebooks I'm entering into Calibre, some of which are part of a series. Looking at the Preferences/Add Book I was able to rearrange the default setting to (?P<author>[^_]+)-(?P<title>.+) so that an ebook file in the format John Smith-A Book.pdf will Add Book into Calibre as Author=John Smith and Title=A Book.

However, what would be the formula for the first book in John Smith's naval mystery series, i.e. "John Smith - A Book - Naval Mystery 1"?

Looking at the preferences that can be set it seems there are quite a few items that could be translated from the file name into Calibre. However, while I was able to figure out "author" and "title", "series" added to the same style of formula didn't work.

Advise would be appreciated.
The default gave the clue.
Code:
^((?P<author>([^\_0-9]+)(?=\s*-\s*)(?!\s*-\s*[0-9.]+)|\b))(\s*-\s*)?((?P<series>[^0-9\-]+) ([-#] ?)?(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?\s*-\s*)?(?P<title>.+)
BTW use the 'Test' area to validate the you pattern performs correctly on ALL the files you feed it.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
akmatov

Thanks, I will go forth and experiment.

What you listed is much more complete than the default that I was getting and the Test function is GREAT advice.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
akmatov

Rats
calibre, version 0.8.6
ERROR: Invalid regular expression: Invalid regular expression: unbalanced parenthesis
Old 06-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
akmatov

oops fixed
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
akmatov

Thank you so much. That was exactly what I needed to figure out how to set my file names into a format that Calibre can digest just the way I want it to.