Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 02:29 AM   #1
Doranwen
Enthusiast
Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doranwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none, sadly, they all died
Exclamation I am rather dumb - mods, please delete this

I've been using my Pocket Pro for about 3 months now, and love it! I've dumped quite a bit of my favorite fanfiction on there to enjoy. Once I figured out how to connect it properly, I've hooked it up many times to add new files to it.

However, tonight when I went to connect it to the computer again, I couldn't get it to work. I connected the cable to the computer, then plugged the end into the reader, and watched as a yellow/red light in the corner started blinking, and the symbol in the lower right changed to a charged battery from the four bars it had. (No sign of the popup telling one to press OK or whatever at all, and no recognition of the computer that anything was connected to it.) Apparently it's charging the battery, at least. However, I've checked the cable--I don't have it too loose (which was the problem the first time I got the reader and couldn't figure out how to connect it properly), I don't *think* I've broken anything there (hope not!), and I know the USB port I used works just fine.

Testing with another cable gets me the same result, which means that very likely my port just went kaput. What should I do?

My idiocy was forgetting the all-important step of restarting Windows. Considering that not less than 20 minutes after posting this I started having ALL sorts of weird issues that restarting seemed to fix . . . I think it's clear where the problem lay. A combination of Windows issues and PEBKAC, probably.

Last edited by Doranwen; 10-18-2010 at 04:54 AM. Reason: wasn't a real problem in the first place, just idiocy
Doranwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Glad you got your problem fixed!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert