Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #31
boatat72
boatat72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Sony Reader, iPad, Kobo, Nook
@crutledge

Wonderful. Your code works as mobi and epub for me now.
I don't know why but I do know how.
Each line of my poem was a separate <div> it is now one div with line breaks.
Two things then needed to change, one or the other is not enough.
1. Put the whole <div> inside another <div>
2. Style each line with text-indent using a <span>

Many thanks.
boatat72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #32
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatat72 View Post
@crutledge

Wonderful. Your code works as mobi and epub for me now.
I don't know why but I do know how.
Each line of my poem was a separate <div> it is now one div with line breaks.
Two things then needed to change, one or the other is not enough.
1. Put the whole <div> inside another <div>
2. Style each line with text-indent using a <span>

Many thanks.
Wonderful. MOBI is sometimes strange.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #33
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatat72 View Post
I'm still looking for a robust replacement to create spacing.The en, em, and thin space entities are all safe in Sigil and Calibre, but some eReaders, especially Sony ones, cannot display them and you get "?" (question mark) or "¤" (undefined currency).
I never have any problems with em, en etc. with my PRS-300 with the standard firmware and no extra fonts. I just make sure that my files are encoded as utf8. Non-breaking spaces can then be entered from the keyboard as <alt>255, en as <alt>0150 and em as <alt>0151. Smart quotes can also be used and many other special characters.

I also use calibre for all my conversions and have no problems with these characters. I don't use Sigil so can't comment on whether it supports utf8 files.

Last edited by Agama; 12-28-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I never have any problems with em, en etc. with my PRS-300 with the standard firmware and no extra fonts. I just make sure that my files are encoded as utf8. Non-breaking spaces can then be entered from the keyboard as <alt>255, en as <alt>0150 and em as <alt>0151. Smart quotes can also be used and many other special characters.
I believe boatat72 was referring to en-space and em-space, whereas you're referring to en-dash and em-dash. Very few readers have trouble with the dashes... it's the special space characters that are hit or miss (without embedded fonts).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote