Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
aramis
aramis began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
My ADE cannot see my KOBO LIBRARY?

...and also my ADE can also not see my KOBO Library???Help!
aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Adobe Digital Editions doesn't see the Kobo epub files ... it only reads the ADE epubs that you download separately. Personally, when I purchase a book from Kobo, I read the Kepub version, but do download each ADE epub version as well to have as a backup.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
Adobe Digital Editions doesn't see the Kobo epub files ... it only reads the ADE epubs that you download separately. Personally, when I purchase a book from Kobo, I read the Kepub version, but do download each ADE epub version as well to have as a backup.
To explain a little more: when you download an ebook directly to the reader, you get a kepub which won't show up on your computer, Calibre etc.
To get the "epub" version, you need to go to the Kobo website with your computer and click the "download" button next to the book.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And remember that for an ePub with DRM that the browser will download a file with extension ACSM, and that it's not till you open that file within ADE the the ePub will be downloaded.

Luckily the default association for an ACSM IS ADE so as long as you click on the ACSM file, ADE will be opened.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote