Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #46
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
The problem with cr3 seems to be a conflicting UI API.

I didn't have time to really look into it, but it seems to me that in
cr3/cr3_onyx/lcl_ui/number_dialog.h
there's a definition for
ui::NumberDialog::NumberDialog(QWidget *parent, QString title)
used in
cr3/cr3_onyx/lcl_ui/line_edit.cpp
( NumberDialog dialog(0, name); )
conflicting with the definition of
ui::NumberDialog::NumberDialog(QWidget *parent);
in
code/include/onyx/ui/number_dialog.h
(which seems more recent)

I therefore assume that Onyx likely is _not_ providing the current firmware versions of their source .
These seem to be incompatible versions.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #47
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

there's been an update of git repositories... can someone check on what they've added? (I'm writing my dissertation, and time gets scarcer every day for now )
Old 03-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #48
kodomo
M92 info archivist

If you'd like to hack the M92, please join this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2023450
Old 04-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #49
ebookmania
Enthusiast
ebookmania began at the beginning.

Device: non
Are there any packages we can remove to speed up the response time
of Onyx M92 ?
ebookmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:49 AM   #50
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookmania View Post
Are there any packages we can remove to speed up the response time
of Onyx M92 ?
The M92 is quite responsitive, if you think about how fast the scribbling reacts. It is sluggish, for example when you open a menu, because of a few bad (IMHO) design choices... it is not as simple as "remove some dead weight", it takes a rewrite of quite some UI code. It can eventually be done, but I'm not holding my breath right now
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #51
silisk
silisk began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDD View Post
Also as long as the bootloader is good you should be able to flash a good image manually, but I don't know how to connect to the serial port (no obvious serial/jtag pin header).
The serial connection can be accessed using the two pads that are to the right of the SD card slot: the pad on the left is the UART Rx, while the pad on the right is the UART Tx. They're even labelled, but the labels are kind of hard to spot.

The serial interface gives you access to the u-boot bootloader. I lose the ability to input anything after the kernel boots, so I can't login to the terminal; that might just be a problem with my device though.

Now, to find that elusive JTAG...
silisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #52
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by silisk View Post
The serial connection can be accessed using the two pads that are to the right of the SD card slot: the pad on the left is the UART Rx, while the pad on the right is the UART Tx. They're even labelled, but the labels are kind of hard to spot.

The serial interface gives you access to the u-boot bootloader. I lose the ability to input anything after the kernel boots, so I can't login to the terminal; that might just be a problem with my device though.

Now, to find that elusive JTAG...
This really good news: we can check out new kernels or booting from the SD card if the bootloader allows this (and recover bricked device when JTAG comes out ) . I'll give it a try.

The serial line becoming unresponsive after boot sounds to me likely because of a different speed setting: it should be 115200 for the login prompt.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #53
silisk
silisk began at the beginning.

Quote:
The serial line becoming unresponsive after boot sounds to me likely because of a different speed setting: it should be 115200 for the login prompt.
Sorry, I should have been more clear: I still see messages on the serial line, but I just can't input anything.

Edit: Adding no_console_suspend to the bootargs solves the problem

Does anyone know the root password? Single user mode works, so I just replaced it for the time being.

Last edited by silisk; 07-20-2012 at 01:00 AM.
silisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #54
kodomo
M92 info archivist

Quote:
Sorry, I should have been more clear: I still see messages on the serial line, but I just can't input anything.

Does anyone know the root password? Single user mode works, so I just replaced it for the time being.
This is great news!
W.r.t. the password: afaik it's not known... but some scripts to edit passwd via the regular UI exist (read: to remove the password ) and can be found via the software wiki page.

Please document your findings on the Wiki - we've got some pages for small infos or developer documentation

Cheers!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #55
FDD
Connoisseur

Quote:

Yeah, the power management is a bit aggressive, and the device suspends to ram after a short timeout, as you can see from dmesg, but I didn't analyze this any further. Regarding the password, a quick run of john didn't work so I gave up: by judging from update passwords, it's probably a bunch of random characters.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #56
kodomo
M92 info archivist

Quote:
Yeah, the power management is a bit aggressive, and the device suspends to ram after a short timeout, as you can see from dmesg, but I didn't analyze this any further.
Are you talking about the suspend mode (suspend picture displayed after the configured timeout), or about some transparent suspend-to-ram which wakes on, e.g., page flips?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #57
FDD
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
Are you talking about the suspend mode (suspend picture displayed after the configured timeout), or about some transparent suspend-to-ram which wakes on, e.g., page flips?
The thing goes on suspend to ram after a very short timeout (I guess 1 second), transparently to the user — you can see that from dmesg. I think the main difference is that when it goes to standby, the keys and the pen also get disabled, so the power consumption is even lower.
Ciao!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #58
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Hi, is the two problems about SSH described in the first post solved? Do we have a working SSH on M92 now?
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #59
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Hi there, could someone please post output from serial line connection on bootup?

Thanks

Last edited by seaniko7; 10-19-2012 at 03:18 AM.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #60
Lespaul
Enthusiast
Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

hi, i downloaded the files and made everything as described: but my win 7 64 bit says device not regognized and installs no driver, what ca i do?
Lespaul is offline   Reply With Quote