Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #34831
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Anyone here 'cook' for their pets?

When I had dogs, I used to bake dog biscuits for them. No dogs now but Felicity gets some of our sashimi when we are having it for dinner. That's not cooking, I guess, just sharing. But I do know that many people actively cook meals daily for their pets. Anyone here?

Stitchawl
I do
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #34832
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:

When I had dogs, I used to bake dog biscuits for them. No dogs now but Felicity gets some of our sashimi when we are having it for dinner. That's not cooking, I guess, just sharing. But I do know that many people actively cook meals daily for their pets. Anyone here?

Stitchawl
Don't cook, but prepare a "variety platter" twice a day. Shared between Norton and Crystal: Two cans of Mighty Dog* in the morning, one can of Mighty Dog and a slice of Fresh Pet in the evening. I also keep a bit of Beneful dry food in the dish for Crystal.

Speaking of Crystal, I just had to go out front and call her. Once again, this escape artist climbed the fence when I let her out a few minutes ago. She always come back, but I'm afraid if I can't break her of this, one day either Animal Control will catch her or she'll get hit by a car. She is one hard-headed dog. Fortunately when she comes within range, her long hair makes it easy to grab hold of her. She's back inside now looking all innocent.

* One can of Chicken, egg, & bacon country platter and one can of hearty pulled-style chicken dinner; the only ones Norton likes. Crystal will eat anything, including change purses, hair brushes, book beanies, dining room chairs, MINI cables, headphones, piano benches, and electric razors.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-06-2012 at 09:25 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #34833
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...and a slice of Fresh Pet in the evening.
Aren't your neighbors wondering why their pets keep disappearing?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 AM   #34834
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Aren't your neighbors wondering why their pets keep disappearing?

Stitchawl
That was only when I had the pythons.

This is the kind of Freshpet they get:

Old 11-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #34835
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That was only when I had the pythons.

This is the kind of Freshpet they get:

Wow! Jimmy Dean for doggies!!

Stitchawl
Old 11-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #34836
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
I first read that as "Does anyone cook their pets?" Not something I often contemplate, though in these austere times... Wonder what sashimi cat tastes like?

In answer to your question, no, I don't. I have tried our two with leftovers once or twice, but they are just not interested.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #34837
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Felicity won't eat most people food either, with two exceptions; raw fish and raw pork. And she only gets them once in a while. But she does get a revolving selection of canned food (Purina, of course) at night (which she comes and asks for promptly at 5pm... I should never have bought her a watch...,) and there is always a bowl full of dry food left out for her during the day. Surprisingly, she is quite thin, even with food available all day.

Stitchawl
Lexie gets a small bowl of dry food in the morning, it takes her all day and night to finish. At 6pm she gets wet food, one of those one serving bags, and she usually finishes it during the night. When it's warm she eats less than in winter and if she asks for "dinner" early she gets it early because we know she only asks for food when she's really hungry.

Nikita was raised by dogs and ate like many dogs: the bowl has to be emptied in one go. Nikita was not able to eat little bits during the day, it all had to be eaten straight away and after she emptied her bowl she would try to get to the bowl of the other cat(s). Nitika would almost eat anything you can think off, except anything with liver in it.

Lexie is very picky with her food and with wet food likes to have some variety, with her dry food she only wants one type (for kittens). Lexie doesn't like many human foods, although lately she has started to like flavoured yoghurt.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #34838
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I first read that as "Does anyone cook their pets?" Not something I often contemplate, though in these austere times... Wonder what sashimi cat tastes like?
Cat doesn't taste good at all. (EDIT: to me...) Dog is much better, though I've never had either of them raw. Both have been outlawed in China and Korea but they are still commonly found, especially in street markets selling prepared 'stew' type foods. Both have very strong 'gamey' smells and tastes, but to me, cat is really off-putting. Dog tastes OK, just a very strong, hard taste, but when walking around the back streets of Pussan or Seoul, getting hungry but not being able to read the signs, one just points to the vat of stew and hopes for the best. Raw horse meat is considered a delicacy here in Japan, especially in the southern Japanese island of Kyushu, and is served in many sushi shops. I rather like it.

Stitchawl
Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #34839
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Cat doesn't taste good at all. (EDIT: to me...) Dog is much better, though I've never had either of them raw. Both have been outlawed in China and Korea but they are still commonly found, especially in street markets selling prepared 'stew' type foods. Both have very strong 'gamey' smells and tastes, but to me, cat is really off-putting. Dog tastes OK, just a very strong, hard taste, but when walking around the back streets of Pussan or Seoul, getting hungry but not being able to read the signs, one just points to the vat of stew and hopes for the best. Raw horse meat is considered a delicacy here in Japan, especially in the southern Japanese island of Kyushu, and is served in many sushi shops. I rather like it.

Stitchawl
Can't say I've knowingly eaten either cat or dog, though my cousin, who is a Health Inspector in London, has found many of both in the freezers of Chinese and Indian restaurants and will never eat in either as a result, so I may well have...

I have eaten horse, though, in France. La viande de cheval is very popular, and rather nice with pommes frites.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #34840
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Can't say I've knowingly eaten either cat or dog, though my cousin, who is a Health Inspector in London, has found many of both in the freezers of Chinese and Indian restaurants and will never eat in either as a result, so I may well have...

Stitchawl
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #34841
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #34842
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Wow! Jimmy Dean for doggies!!

Stitchawl
And that's the small one. I always buy the 6 lb. rolls.

It doesn't taste half-bad. (I got tempted by the smell one day and took a bite!)
Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #34843
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:

In answer to your question, no, I don't. I have tried our two with leftovers once or twice, but they are just not interested.
That's why I always thought pet pigs were a good idea. If you ever get tired of them, hey—bacon!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #34844
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:

Stitchawl
Villagers on the roads in Vietnam would sell sandwiches with a very sweet-tasting meat. Having heard that dog meat is sweet, I always assumed that's what it was. I've never knowingly eaten dog meat, but I've always taken it for granted that it was part of my Vietnam experience. Then again, I don't remember the sandwiches having a "very strong, hard taste" so maybe I missed out after all. Of course, it's been 42 years.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #34845
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Cat doesn't taste good at all. (EDIT: to me...)...
It's good you added that. It wouldn't be good to upset the cat-lovers!

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?