Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
Hi!
Hi! began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Memory card in Sony PRS-600

Hi!

I'm trying to copy my Calibre library to the memory card (SDHC) in my Sony PRS-600, But Calibre can't find the card*. Maybe this is because Calibre doesn't support the prs-600 yet; I've identified my reader as a 505.

Is there a way to copy the library to the memory card when it's inserted in my PC instead of my reader?

I guess I could just try to copy the files from the reader to the card through my PC's filesystem, but I'm not sure where the metadata is stored (the tags/collections)

I hope someone can help me out..

* Error message:
The reader has no storage card in this slot.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 57, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 220, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 115, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\usbms\device.pyo", line 635, in _sanity_check
ValueError: The reader has no storage card in this slot.

Last edited by Hi!; 09-04-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Hi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The drive should show up as a drive. In that case you could use the "Save To disk" option to get books onto it?

I think that the PRS-600 is likely to be officially supported by Calibre very soon - if I had to guess I would say probably from the 0.6.11 release which is imminent, and if not that release the one after a few days later.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #3
Hi!
Hi! began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks Itimpi.

I just tried the "Save To disk" option and it did work, the collection was copied also, but it was empty. So somewehere along the way the information about which books contain which tags gets lost.

I'll just wait until the update, then.
Hi! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, prs-600