Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #16
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I always read on my bus commute to and from school, so that's around two hours already. Then, throughout the day, I read whenever I get a chance between classes, and that can be anywhere from another hour to four hours, depending on the day (and if I have homework to do). I tend to spend most of my time at home on the computer, so I don't get much reading in the evenings, maybe another hour or two.

So around four hours a day minimum. I don't think that's too much!
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #17
Pier
Enthusiast
Pier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of light

Device: sony ereader PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklls View Post
Minimum 3 hours, no question. On a good day, that would be 7 or 8 hours. Who cares about work, cooking, laundry, eating, sleeping, etc....?
I'm totally with you there. At least 2-3 hours everyday and I can spend a whole weekend reading when I get into a good book. Of course I have only me to care for so as you say, who cares about work, cooking, etc.

Happy reading all!
Pier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #18
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
On an e-Ink device:
Weekdays: About 45 minutes during the daily commute (hubby drives). And 1-4 hours at night while nursing the baby.

Weekends, 1 hour doing book and library research/Calibre loading/Goodreads updating. I read for about 3-4 hours at night, since I stay up later. And I might read in the car while driving to the stores - the little guy tends to fall asleep in the car and I read while the better half and the girlie go shop.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #19
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Thanks to everyone that's posted an answer so far!

I love reading and would read more throughout the day if my boss would let me I'm glad to see that pretty much everybody that's posted reads for as much or for more hours per day than I do.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #20
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
On average 2-3 hours.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #21
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Hello,

I just want to start by saying that if this question has already been posted/discussed in another thread please point me in that direction (I did search, but found nothing) and disregard this thread .

My husband sometimes complains that I read too much (he is NOT a reader, even a magazine article about cars won't get him interested in reading). I don't think I spend that much time reading, but maybe I do spend a lot of time with my nose in my Kobo

I average about a half hour in the morning before work and 1 -2 hrs at night depending on what shows are on tv. So, I'm curious how much time you spend reading everyday?

Thanks in advance!

Tanya
According to Lawd Jobs I don't spend any time reading anymore, nobody does.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #22
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I walk to work (and back home again) ... so no commute reading for me! My husband keeps busy in the evening on the net, watching TV and threatening to do laundry. It gives me time out hang out at Mobileread and other Internet stuff.

Pleasure reading - abt 1 hr a day, in the evening, usually in bed. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less (like when the drugs kick in unexpectedly fast). Weekends I often get a little more time so ... 10 hrs, maybe 12 some weeks.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #23
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
About eight for work (editing). At least two for leisure. Much more for leisure on weekends, unless I'm out and about too much.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #24
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
If you are talking strictly ereader, when I moved to Las Vegas I took a year off of work just to decompress, read 70 some novels on the ereader while I was also writing software so probably 4-6 hours a day (weekdays/weekends were meaningless). I powered through the Wizards First Rule series pretty much in a single go. Wife reads as much as I so this was not an issue.

Since rejoining the workforce (ugh) I have had to learn a lot about gaming regulations and slot machine rules and math and ..so on. Now I probably have about an hour a day on the ereader during the week and 3-5 hours on the weekend-days..
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #25
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
30 minutes a day. And I wonder why it takes 4 weeks to read a book.

Additionally, I do read and study for weekly Bible meetings.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #26
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I've never really thought about it actually. It depends on how involved I get in a book in part. I remember when the 7th HP book came out I read it cover to cover within a day or so. Course I got the reading bug early. Mom got me my 1st library card when I was 3. I drove her crazy with Dr. Seuss for several years after that. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 PM   #27
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
All the time I can.
Empty nesters without tv... kids are too far for any quick trips.
A bit of laundry and cooking.
Husband cleans up for us.... really nice.
So, unless I am sleeping or chatting a bit on the phone.... I am enjoying books...
ahhhhhhhh
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #28
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcobb View Post
When I moved to Las Vegas I took a year off of work just to decompress
Whoa ...!

A move to Las Vegas was an opportunity to "chill out"?!? LOL!!! What the heck were you doing before!?!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #29
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
On days that I work, 2 to 3 hours a day or night. On my days off, I could read almost all day.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #30
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Whoa ...!

A move to Las Vegas was an opportunity to "chill out"?!? LOL!!! What the heck were you doing before!?!
Before this (working at Bally Tech here) I worked for Sony, writing middleware that ran on the PS3, designing learning swarm computing systems and lastly working on the Sony XPeria X10 firmware. In truth, for me working at Sony was a dream job: killer pay, always working with next-gen stuff to run on the Cell Broadband Engine. In short I love working on multicore distributed stuff. However working for a Japanese company sort of motivated you to work intense hours (like up to 18 hours a day sometimes). It was just something in the culture there that *made* you want to do it, to give 110pct. However as I am approaching 50 I find that I cannot keep up that pace. It also had to do with wanting to see your family every now and then. On top of that, you were constantly connected to the main office so you were working every non-sleeping minute. This got to be a bit much plus the weather there (SF) was hurting my wife. So we moved to Vegas.
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote