Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #886
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I had some Napalese hash back in the late '60's that was pretty good. I'd love to try the type in your area. *grin*
I've been given to understand that if we want to diet, we most certainly shouldn't be doing that!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #887
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've been given to understand that if we want to diet, we most certainly shouldn't be doing that!
Not just diet, but remain out of jail, to say nothing of remaining in foreign countries!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 03:03 AM   #888
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
So I gained 3,5 kilo's. Mostly it's because of school (I'm trying to become a famous patissiere ), and because I feel like I have to taste everything I make there. Yesterday I tried on one of my summer dresses, and although it still fits it's not as comfortable as it used to be

Time for action! I want to lose about 7 kg, preferably before bikini season begins I've signed up for weight watchers online, because I've heard some very good stories about their method. So right now I'm counting propoints and trying not to snack too much.
I've also started jogging again. This time last year I could run for a whole hour, easily. But then life caught up to me and now I can barely make it to 15 minutes. So I've dug out my start to run schedule. I've also taking my trusted Brompton out of the closet and started cycling to the station again.

Sunday is my weighing day, I'm curious if I managed to lose something this week.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #889
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Good luck!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #890
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
So I gained 3,5 kilo's. Mostly it's because of school (I'm trying to become a famous patissiere ), and because I feel like I have to taste everything I make there. Yesterday I tried on one of my summer dresses, and although it still fits it's not as comfortable as it used to be

Time for action! I want to lose about 7 kg, preferably before bikini season begins I've signed up for weight watchers online, because I've heard some very good stories about their method. So right now I'm counting propoints and trying not to snack too much.
I've also started jogging again. This time last year I could run for a whole hour, easily. But then life caught up to me and now I can barely make it to 15 minutes. So I've dug out my start to run schedule. I've also taking my trusted Brompton out of the closet and started cycling to the station again.

Sunday is my weighing day, I'm curious if I managed to lose something this week.
Good luck, you can do it!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #891
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

159. I am officially not overweight.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #892
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Congratulation! Well done!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #893
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Congrats! That didn't take you very long! You must have worked pretty hard!

Stitchawl
Old 04-08-2013, 05:14 AM   #894
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Well done Prof. I have put on a fair few pounds over this holiday period so from tomorrow it's back on a full on diet for a few weeks.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #895
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Last glass of rum... It's back on 'iron rations' and hard exercise as of tomorrow morning.
Gonna drop down to 75kg.

Stitchawl
Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #896
Stitchawl
Opsimath

... and so it begins.

Stitchawl
Old 04-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #897
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm just not in the mood. I need to lose the 7 pound I've gained over Easter, but with my SIL staying, and a lot of family meals going on, most of which I'm cooking, it's proving really hard to keep to a diet regime. I need a mind reset.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #898
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I'm just not in the mood. I need to lose the 7 pound I've gained over Easter, but with my SIL staying, and a lot of family meals going on, most of which I'm cooking, it's proving really hard to keep to a diet regime. I need a mind reset.
"Mind Reset." That just may be the single most important facet in any program of change. I've added a minute or two of 'visualization' to my daily meditation, 'seeing' myself as thinner. And being me, I also 'see' some lovely young 'assistants' scraping fat off the inside walls of my stomach and love handles the throwing them into the furnace that is powering my body. Nobody ever said that visualization had to be serious...
No matter how you 'see' it works!

Stitchawl
Old 04-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #899
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Holding steady at 159. I would like to lose four more pounds but I am not stressing over it. I am where my Doctor wants me to be, at an officially healthy weight, and wearing a size six.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:19 AM   #900
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Holding steady at 159. I would like to lose four more pounds but I am not stressing over it. I am where my Doctor wants me to be, at an officially healthy weight, and wearing a size six.
I guess a size six in the US is different to that of the UK as a size six would be a skinny child over here!