Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #76
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Herzlichen Glückwunsch

Du meine Güte, vor 10 Jahren gegründet, das ist Quasi in der Steinzeit

Obwohl ich gerne (und oft) in die english- und französischsprachigen Foren reingucke, ist meine liebste Ecke immer noch die deutschsprachicge (warum wohl ?)

Die Unterstützung von Foren in anderen Sprachen ausser Englisch verdient meines Erachtens besonderes Lob.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #77
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Well, happy birthday! I've been reading ebooks since Gutenberg first started, but on this site for a lot less. Favourite forum? A tie between deal and freebies and book downloads.
Congratulations and thanks for the hard work.https://www.mobileread.com/forums/for...=26&order=desc
Make it better? Apart from encouraging posters to not quote an entire long post then add one line, not a lot that I can think of.

Last edited by piperclassique; 10-31-2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Add link
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #78
linkin360
linkin360 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Happy birthday. I really like the amazon kindle section, i like to hack every device i can. Maybe you could update the wiki just a litle faster.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #79
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi Alex,

congrats to the 10th anniversary
Amazing how fast time travels, I just realized I'm already two years here

Although having the occasional look into the international section I mostly use the German forum,
having two Pocketbook and a Sony myself.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #80
bluen
Enthusiast
bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle
Happy Birthday!
Kindle Developers Corner--without its help would not have bought a kindle, thanks!
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #81
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Congratulation and happy birthday, MobileRead! What an impressive age!

Favourite sections and threads? I normally read/skim from top to bottom, but if I have to single something out: the sections for my devices Bookeen, Pocketbook, iRex, the German forum, the Patricia Clark Library, Politics and Religion as well as the "Quiz" and the two "Notable Quotes..." threads. And Private Messages
Why? Simply because of personal interests and preferences.
Suggestions: Remove the report button for Private Messages.

Thank you Alex and all moderators for all your work! It's a great place to spent one's time!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #82
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Happy Birthday MR!!!

My favorite forum section is Reading Recommendations (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24) plus the Intro section. I was warmly welcomed when I joined and like to do the same. Can't think of anyway to improve either section although, in Reading Recommendations, maybe have a seprate page that lists all book titles mentioned in alphabetical order then, when you click on the book title it takes you to all comments about that particular book.

I found MobileRead while looking for information on the Sony 500 which I was contemplating buying although I ended up with a 505.

I'd started eBook reading on an iPaq and was hooked it and was delighted to find a site dedicated to it.

Last edited by MickeyC; 11-04-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #83
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
Wow! 10 years! Happy Birthday!!
I joined when I was having trouble with my Bookeen Cybook, and have occasionally scoured the ereader matrix to compare things-and have recommended it to many, many people to help them choose an ereader.
I'd have to say that that is my favourite section; and to improve it...well, now that there are so many to choose from it's a bit unwieldy, although I can't think of anything specific that would make it easier to use.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #84
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Happy Birthday! Congrats on 10 great years!

I spend most of my time in the kindle forum, but I also enjoy general discussion, reading recommendations, and the lounge. I've started to read the calibre forum a bit recently too.

As for how to improve the forum. I can't think of much really, it's pretty perfect as is. Thank you for creating such a great spot on the web.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #85
greens
Connoisseur
greens began at the beginning.

Device: none
Happy birthday!

My favorite MobileRead forum section is the Kobo section, I like it because I wish to buy a kobo glo!
I think it would be better if you add a topic in stiky wich speak about comics and manga scan on the kobo ereader devices!

bye!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #86
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Wow, 10 years. Way to go.

My favorite forum would have to be Deals & Freebies, followed closely by News. I don't have any suggestion for improvement. Why mess with perfection? LOL
Old 10-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #87
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Congratulations on 10 years!

I don't think that I have one favourite section (it varies), but Reading Reccomendations has introduced me to books and authors that are now among my favourites.

Thanks to everyone that makes MR such a great place to hang out.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #88
desilva
desilva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Happy, happy, happy birthday MR!

If I had to pick a favorite forum I guess it would have to be the News Section. It is the best way to keep abreast of all things e-book.

I wonder what the next 10 years will bring?
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #89
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Thanks for the forum and the contest! I pretty much just look through the hot topics and read through the ones that interest me. I comment or not, whenever it suits.

I don't have any complaints or suggestions for improvement. The community seems to keep it working and running well. I've met some nice people here and enjoy checking in. I've found some good books too.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #90
aliciaicila
aliciaicila began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle paperwhite
Happy birthday! I'm new here. I discovered the site as I waited for my kindle pw. I would probably have many more ereaders and cases if I had discovered this site sooner!

So far I am reading the kindle forum and enjoying it/ and learning a lot, although not participating. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140 I like it because I am learning that there are some interesting options on the readers I have beyond the applications I use them for.

No changes or improvements I can think of for the moment! It's a pretty vibrant community.
Closed Thread