Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #24571
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Dude, you live in Phoenix...
I DO. And when you guys are whining about winter, I'm gonna remind you about where YOU live, too.

We always get this way, here in Phoenix/desert areas around this time of year. We've been butch, we've managed (since the beginning of May, mind you, when it pokes up over 100); but after about 16 weeks, we start to get really cranky about it. September is the worst, because everyone here, generally, migrated from someplace else with seasons, so we expect "fall." In our bones, we think it should be getting cooler, but "cooler" in Phoenix means it will "only" be about 102 or so for the next month. In the third week of September, the nights will start to cool (meaning, woot, the 80's, maybe. Maybe even the 70's). But for "cool weather," or a break in the ever-present heat, it's (set your clock by it) the third week of October.

Thus, while our childhood memories are, mostly, turning (changing colors, I mean) leaves and sweaters and all that, we're still paying outlandish air-conditioning bills and sweating our buns off here. We get increasingly irritable for the next 7 weeks. (Statistically, you should see the road rage, etc., around here in September. People really do get psycho. No cracks, Stitch.)

And then it will be winter. Not fall, but winter. Literally, here, it's like, one day, it's blistering, and the next day, it's actually, for us, COLD.

Zep and Storm are waiting by the damned windows, they are so tired of the heat. No, they don't go outside, but they know the diff. between the windows OPEN (screens) and the windows slammed shut. So, as I said, about that whiny emoty, yes, I know I'm whining and whingeing. I just want the damn heat to end. It's Labor (Labour for you Brits and Canucks out there) Day weekend, for the love of heaven! {sniffle}.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #24572
poohbear_nc
Non-Edible Chicken
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Well - I just took my after dinner walk in 90+F temps with 90%+ humidity levels - trying to sweat out the mental poison from last week at work - well, I'm dripping wet with sweat - off to the showers to wash off any remaining poison.

[Stella was SO happy this morning when I opened the deck door a smidgen for her to smell & hear the outdoors (it was only 78 F then) that she flopped down on the floor and bit my ankle. Now that's happy!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #24573
red_phoenix
Constantly Changing
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I DO. And when you guys are whining about winter, I'm gonna remind you about where YOU live, too.

We always get this way, here in Phoenix/desert areas around this time of year. We've been butch, we've managed (since the beginning of May, mind you, when it pokes up over 100); but after about 16 weeks, we start to get really cranky about it. September is the worst, because everyone here, generally, migrated from someplace else with seasons, so we expect "fall." In our bones, we think it should be getting cooler, but "cooler" in Phoenix means it will "only" be about 102 or so for the next month. In the third week of September, the nights will start to cool (meaning, woot, the 80's, maybe. Maybe even the 70's). But for "cool weather," or a break in the ever-present heat, it's (set your clock by it) the third week of October.

Thus, while our childhood memories are, mostly, turning (changing colors, I mean) leaves and sweaters and all that, we're still paying outlandish air-conditioning bills and sweating our buns off here. We get increasingly irritable for the next 7 weeks. (Statistically, you should see the road rage, etc., around here in September. People really do get psycho. No cracks, Stitch.)

And then it will be winter. Not fall, but winter. Literally, here, it's like, one day, it's blistering, and the next day, it's actually, for us, COLD.

Zep and Storm are waiting by the damned windows, they are so tired of the heat. No, they don't go outside, but they know the diff. between the windows OPEN (screens) and the windows slammed shut. So, as I said, about that whiny emoty, yes, I know I'm whining and whingeing. I just want the damn heat to end. It's Labor (Labour for you Brits and Canucks out there) Day weekend, for the love of heaven! {sniffle}.

Hitch
I know that feeling all to well Hitch. We had honest to goodness snow last winter. Not bad at first but after a while, when it we did not get the mid winter thaw we are used to and more of the stuff kept coming down with no place left to put it, it got old.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #24574
covingtoncat73
Guru
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo WiFi, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Acer 10'' Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

Hitch
Heh. I know. In New Orleans, we have torrential thunderstorms or heat. Yesterday was quite rainy but didn't get above 85. Today is sunny and will get to probably 92 bit will feel like 100 with the humidity.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:49 PM   #24575
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Venue Pro 8
KK - you're welcome to all the snow the Midwest will generate this year, if you can just figure out how to make it come to you. I sure don't want it!

My vent/rant/whatever - can't move my rose bush and peony plants, because the roots are all tangled up with the evil thorn tree (which has to die). So I guess I'll be replacing them.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #24576
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I'll take the snow shel! I'd just get into those roots with a sharp spade and start hacking away. Take whatever looks like plant material and put it in a bucket of root grow for a few weeks and see what happens.

Rant! Someone started doing some heavy duty logging before 0730. I'm pretty sure there are time limitations on that but not what they are
kindlekitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:22 PM   #24577
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
I'm so very sad to hear of this most recent beheading. I've gotten to the point that I live in terror that I will see my son's face up there some day.

This is not a political post, this is an emotional statement
Old Today, 02:29 PM   #24578
covingtoncat73
Guru
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I'm so very sad to hear of this most recent beheading. I've gotten to the point that I live in terror that I will see my son's face up there some day.

This is not a political post, this is an emotional statement
I know, KK. It is so awful! Is your son a journalist?
Old Today, 02:32 PM   #24579
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

No, he was a S.E.A.L. Now he is in counter terrorism and *does things* including but not limited to disappearing with no notice for varied amounts of time
Old Today, 02:46 PM   #24580
covingtoncat73
Guru

Quote:
No, he was a S.E.A.L. Now he is in counter terrorism and *does things* including but not limited to disappearing with no notice for varied amounts of time
Yikes! Best wishes for his safety.
Old Today, 04:25 PM   #24581
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
Quote:
...including but not limited to disappearing with no notice for varied amounts of time
Very scary for those who love him. :hugs:
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 PM   #24582
orlok
Getting back into it
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kobo glo
Quote:
I am very impressed. You must be proud of him and worried for him in equal measure.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 PM   #24583
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Yikes! Best wishes for his safety.
Amen to that.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:03 PM   #24584
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Thanks guys. Now that the adrenaline is gone I'm getting all weepy
Old Today, 05:05 PM   #24585
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
Best hopes and wishes for your son (and you), kindlekitten.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness