Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Mobi with Asin and CDE

Hi Guys,

is there a way how to change mobi to be address as ebook in Amazon, not as personal kindle file? I tried with java metaeditor to change and add asin, but still no luck.
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Kindle File Formats section.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I forget which field it is, but you can change PDOC to EBOK.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

And what about ansi?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
ASIN can be changed as well, yes.

field 113=ASIN
field 501=CDE type -- change from PDOC to EBOK

But all fields display with both their number and description.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
donMaranzano
Zealot

Which program you can suggest for that?
Old 04-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Java Mobi Metadata editor
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
donMaranzano
Zealot

I did it, but still when I share the book in facebook is showig personal document
Old 04-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #9
donMaranzano
Zealot

We are unable to locate the book content needed to share your message.
My book is marked in kindle as Book but when I try to share a message from it I receive an automatic message from Amazon saying: We are unable to locate the book content needed to share your message.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
There are many "either ors" that come with manually diddling a Kindlebook's EXTH. If you get one thing working, something else (quite often the social media sharing or syncing farthest read data) breaks. It's simply not worth the effort you're putting into it. That particular wall might be dented from the heads of the countless people who tried before you ... but it's not breaking.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-17-2014 at 07:33 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #11
donMaranzano
Zealot

The thing what I want to have is only when I share a quote to facebook to show it together with the book. This is everything what I want.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
The thing what I want to have is only when I share a quote to facebook to show it together with the book. This is everything what I want.
At the risk of sounding rude: then buy the book from Amazon. Everything will work the way you want then. It's just not worth the trouble of trying to "game" their system into thinking it's their book.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:58 AM   #13
donMaranzano
Zealot

Yes I buy some books, but usually I'm reading on different language, not on english.....