Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
raduma
raduma began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Auto-delete old news from device

Hi all. Relatively new calibre user here, and so far I think it's the cat's meow. One question. I love how I can setup Calibre to auto-download news sources and auto-delete old ones, as well as the fact that it auto-sends updated news to my device. However, is there a way to auto-delete old from the Device, not just from the library? It seems that old news are getting left on the device. (For what it's worth, my book reader is a Nook).

Thanks
--radu
raduma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
raduma
raduma began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Is there really no way to do this that anyone knows of?
raduma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It will delete on the PC, but I'm not aware of any way to do it on the device other than via syncing (which I'm not sure it even does).
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
At this time calibre will not auto-delete news from the device. It will not remove anything from a connected device unless you explicitly tell it to.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote