Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
keving
keving began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
iPDF not remembering settings

I have an iliad book edition.

Last week I had to reformat my compact flash card and restore files from a back up.

After that event, the pdf reader does not remember the page I was on when I exit a document. Every time I reopen a document it starts on the first page with the default layout.

Is there a configuration option somewhere that I should set?

I have installed and tried a number of iPDF versions. The work fine, except that the last page and layout are not remembered.

Thanks

Kevin
keving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I've had issues where my CF card was corrupted, and the iLiad would mount it in "read only" mode. I had to reformat my card in windows, and copy all my files back to it to fix.

Install mrxvt on your iLiad. Insert your CF card, and type "dmesg" (without quotes) into the terminal. The last 2 or 3 lines should say that it's mounted read only if that's the problem.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
keving
keving began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
That is exactly what happened. I reformatted the card and it is now working fine.

Thanks for you help adam
keving is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
configuration, ipdf