Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-17-2014, 11:11 PM   #16
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Gabby 98/Rick Broida said that 300,000 books were available. The Google Play app says "unlimited access to over 100,000 books" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....reader0&hl=en). Does anyone know how these two figures can be reconciled? That's a big difference--200,000 books!
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:30 AM   #17
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
200,000 public domain books?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
As found on the CNET Cheapskate blog (http://www.cnet.com/news/get-three-f...s-from-scribd/)

I've yet to try it, but with three months free I may
This is awesome thank you! So far they seem to have Avon romances, Zebra romances and sourcebooks. Any other publisher has anyone come across?

The browsing of the site is worse than Kobo. So it's best to search by author I noticed. The android app is a huge battery drain when browsing and searching. Have not check to see if it drains as bad just reading.

I like the reading interface. The sans-serif font is really nice but I do agree the line spacing needs fixed other than that I really like the service so far.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #19
semillon
Enthusiast
semillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is awesome thank you! So far they seem to have Avon romances, Zebra romances and sourcebooks. Any other publisher has anyone come across?

The browsing of the site is worse than Kobo. So it's best to search by author I noticed. The android app is a huge battery drain when browsing and searching. Have not check to see if it drains as bad just reading.

I like the reading interface. The sans-serif font is really nice but I do agree the line spacing needs fixed other than that I really like the service so far.
I also get Kensington, Open Road, Rosetta, and the other Harper Collins imprints (in addition to Avon). They purportedly have Smashwords titles as well - at the author's discretion, though I admit I have not checked for any.

I usually search for an author on the computer and add any books I am interested in to my library so I can find them easily later.
semillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #20
Shane R
Fanatic
Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shane R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
WOW - thanks! This has just enough cookbooks and other non-fiction "I always meant to read that" books to keep me occupied for 90 days. This is awesome.

I used an empty Pay Pal account to confirm my identity and sign up for the three months.
Shane R is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semillon View Post
I also get Kensington, Open Road, Rosetta, and the other Harper Collins imprints (in addition to Avon). They purportedly have Smashwords titles as well - at the author's discretion, though I admit I have not checked for any.

I usually search for an author on the computer and add any books I am interested in to my library so I can find them easily later.
Thanks. I also saw they have Diversion as well. It's a romance reader's dream. I'm already reading a book on it. I see me keeping it as long as they keep the big name publishers.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #22
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
200,000 public domain books?
Good idea, Koland. I had not thought of that.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #23
frddgls
Connoisseur
frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Forma, iPad, Samsung Galaxy A20
It has many books that I want to read -- far more than I could read in three months. I don't mind the way the app looks on my Galaxy Tab3. I would prefer to have more display settings -- I would also prefer to read on my Kobo Aura HD -- but three months is a long enough trial to actually see if I would use it.
frddgls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #24
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Yes, I don't too much mind the app on my Nexus 7. It wouldn't be my first choice but when I'm into the book I won't much notice. I've read books the pages were coming out of, books whose pages were brown or mottled - as long as it's something I want to read I'll handle it. So this is not that bad. The only thing I won't stick with is a book that's moldy. Shudder. Otherwise I just love books.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:42 AM   #25
rollei
Addict
rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
et three free months of unlimited e-books from Scribd
That's a cool deal.
rollei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:44 AM   #26
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Agreed...Can't hurt to have free reading for three months...we can all use help saving for future coupons and sales....

I get what everyone is saying about the app...seems to just be a container for the mobile site.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:10 AM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Agreed...Can't hurt to have free reading for three months...we can all use help saving for future coupons and sales....

I get what everyone is saying about the app...seems to just be a container for the mobile site.
It's best to do your searching and adding books via a computer. It's drains the battery super fast when pulling down the site to see the books but the reader part doesn't seem to have that problem.

They need to add line spacing, margins and dictionary access. Right now the reader is pretty bare bones but I like it much better than most store reader apps.I like the pages left to read at the bottom it's not Time Left To Read but it's works pretty good. At $9 a month there are sooo many books you can read.

You can also download the book to your tablet and read offline.

What I like it they have alot of the same library books I would checked out and I find the reader much nicer to use than Overdrive Media Console and no standing in line for a book is a plus.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #28
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
They have the newest Shelly Laurenston, Bite Me! Great story, by the way.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
They have the newest Shelly Laurenston, Bite Me! Great story, by the way.
I'm reading a book by Edith Layton. None of my libraries have many of her books so this is really nice. I really like the idea of a book cloud service. It be great if other publishers got on board.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #30
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
They have a good amount of scifi romance. I will try reading some of them during the trial. If I can stand the lack of customization, it would be worth it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote