Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 05:44 AM   #1
dorkmania
dorkmania began at the beginning.

Device: none
Converting pdf into epub?

Is it possible to convert a pdf into an epub? I didn't realise I bought the pdf version of a book and I would have bought the book again in epub format except it's not available in epub (which is weird since the other two books in the series were).

Now I'm kicking myself because if I bought the bundle pack I would have received it in epub (along with the other two) but the bundle pack was more expensive then buying individually :/
dorkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
If there's no DRM on it, you can convert through calibre. If there is DRM, you'd have to strip it first.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
... although PDF can rarely be cleanly converted to any other format. A PDF file doesn't contain text, as such, as conversion tends to be rather hit and miss, with considerable manual editing required to get a readable document out of it.

OCR is often the best solution, rather than conversion.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote