Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Getting Books Off Of Your nook

I downloaded a library book. Everything went fine until my time ran out. I could no longer read it but the ePub file stayed on my nook. After much searching I found that to get rid of library books you have to bring the nook up on your computer by plugging it in with the USB cable and finding it in Windows Explorer. It was NOOK (F: ) on my Windows 7 screen. You go to F:\My Files\Books folder on the nook and find the file for the library book, then delete it manually.

I was a little worried about finding the right book but since there’s only one partition for sideloaded books and the file had the same name as the book, it was pretty obvious.

I had a similar problem with a book I got as a sample. I decided I didn't want it but it just wouldn’t go away. To remove it I needed to login to my Barnes and Noble account on the Internet, go to My Library on the site, and delete the sample from there. I’ve only gotten two samples from B&N and I bought the other one with the “Buy” button. It lost its “Sample” ribbon and turned into the whole book after I paid for it.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Very clear and concise! Thank you!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
I attended a class at B&N for the NC. To remove books, put your finger on the cover picture until the menu opens. Then select Archive. The book no longer shows on your library, and is only seen on the B&N screen, if I recall correctly.
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
Mellobob
Connoisseur
Mellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I decided to delete some sideloaded books off my nook.

So far as I can determine from reading the manual and some web sites ... you can only delete (archive) purchased books or free stuff you've gotten from the B&N site. Items you have "sideloaded" can not be deleted except by connecting to a computer.

I think it's a rather dumb move on the designers part to do it this way ... and hope they FIX it in next firmware update.
Mellobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
That's how it works with books you borrow from the library too. They can only be removed by working through your computer.

You can archive samples but that puts it in your My Library on the B&N site. I can see how that would be an advantage in case you want it but need to wait until later to buy it. nook lets you come back later, unarchive a sample and buy it. But if you really don't want the book at all you need to go to the B&N web site on your computer and delete it from there.

I think deleting books from the nook itself without removing them from your library on the B&N site would be a good improvement. I also wish you could open a book and put it on your nook book shelf rather than having to open the book shelf and page through your entire collection to get to that new one you just got. Of course, this is only version 1.0.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert