Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
vrodbrad
vrodbrad began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 350
Borders.com issue with wifes sony

Good day everyone. Well, my wife won't buy anymore books from Borders.com she said. First off the wife has the prs 950. It started a week and a half ago with one book she downloaded from Borders. She transferred the book to her reader as she has done with all the other books that she got from Borders. When she tried to open the book it would either pop up page error or DRM. I talked with Borders Tech support the first time and they said that it was something to do with the reader and sent me to the sony tech. Sony tried to work with the problem, then said that borders needed to reissue the book. The next day when the wife when to use her reader none of the other borders books would open I know the sony tech person did somenthing but I do not know what. I went onto the borders site under the wifes account and tried to re down those books for her but when I do It says that they are licensed to another user. How can that be When they are in the wifes borders account. I called up Borders again and they sent me to sony again. The sony tech said that borders needs to reissue the books back to my wife and when I told borders that they said that they could not do it and that the individual I was talking with at Borders said the books can only be read on the computer and not the reader and that they cannot reissue the books. the books will open on the computer but I can not get them to the reader. I have tried calibre, ade, sony reader store, Borders app and known work. After all the frustration my wife told me to give up and that she will not buy another book online from borders again. So the money that she spent on twelve books is lost now that she can not read it on the reader.
vrodbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
not sure -- in your case, I wonder if you could use software to remove the drm from the books and again have access to them on the reader. Would need to use google to locate a method to do this...
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
try "ineptepub" as a Google search term
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Reading stories like this only confirms my decision to remove DRM from all my purchased books immediately after downloading them. I then load them into Calibre and keep my own safe backups. So far I haven't needed to authorise my 650 at all.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:47 AM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Is there any way to deauthorize her reader from Borders and reuthorize it?

sent you a PM...

Last edited by doreenjoy; 12-21-2010 at 04:54 AM.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert