Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Christian_Huls
Christian_Huls began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Converting Kindle Books with Highlights and Notes

I just started using Calibre. This is so awesome. I have successfully imported all my Kindle books, and so far as a test, I converted one book successfully. However, it didn't include any of the highlights or notes I had made in the Kindle book.

I noticed in the Formats tab, there are [16] AZW3 , [54] MBP, and [41] MOBI files. None of the files in AZW3 are in the MOBI list. All of the files from both are in the MBP folder. Yet, in my library, it doesn't say that I have duplicate books.

Is there a particular version that I need to convert to keep my notes and highlights? Is that even possible?

Thanks.
Christian_Huls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_Huls View Post
I just started using Calibre. This is so awesome. I have successfully imported all my Kindle books, and so far as a test, I converted one book successfully. However, it didn't include any of the highlights or notes I had made in the Kindle book.

I noticed in the Formats tab, there are [16] AZW3 , [54] MBP, and [41] MOBI files. None of the files in AZW3 are in the MOBI list. All of the files from both are in the MBP folder. Yet, in my library, it doesn't say that I have duplicate books.

Is there a particular version that I need to convert to keep my notes and highlights? Is that even possible?

Thanks.
Duplicate Books is 2 TITLE (folders) Records.
Formats of the same book, is still 1 book, not a duplicate
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Annotations are not stored in the book file on kindles, they are in a separate file. There isn't any reliable way to import annotations from Kindles in calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
Jeff L
Zealot
Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
AZW3 and MOBI are the ebook formats. Mobi is the old mobipocket format which Amazon bought and uses.

Azw3 is Amazon's new format, KF8.

MBP is an associated file that contains the Last page read, Notes, Bookmarks, and Highlights for a given Kindle ebook. It's not an ebook and doesn't need to be in Calibre.
Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert kindle notes