Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Xinthose
Xinthose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
Question Conversion error from .azw4 to .pdf

Whenever I try to do the conversion, I get a Conversion Error message after about 2 minutes. Here is the log the program gives:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy6duwxtec...rror%20Log.txt

I can convert the book to .zip, .txt, and .epub (I have only tried these 3 and pdf)

I am using Kindle for PC, Windows 7 - 64 bit, Calibre 0.9.13 [64-bit], and the book is not DRM protected. I use the default pdf conversion options as well. Thanks for any
Xinthose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1096428
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
Xinthose

Ok, that link leads me no where. It's the same one as the guy who posted yesterday with the same problem.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinthose View Post
Ok, that link leads me no where. It's the same one as the guy who posted yesterday with the same problem.
When I click on that link I am taken to the Launchpad report of the issue. The last item on it is the fact that it has now been fixed in the source tree and that the fix will be included in the next release (0.9.14) which I expect will be out this Friday.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinthose View Post
Thats the approach Kovid uses to say a solution to the problem has been found and will be forthcoming in the next calibre release.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
Xinthose

oh I see, let's hope it will work then. Thank you gentlemen
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
Xinthose

the update fixed my problem, thanks. But the conversion is very bad. Use the plugin called "MobiUnpack - The Plugin" to instantly convert your .azw4 to .pdf. It will have every single bookmark on it as well, all thanks to DiapDealer on these forums. Go to preferences, Plugins (under Advanced), Get new plugins, and then scroll down until you see it.

Tags
.pdf, conversion error, pdf