Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
EdGein
EdGein began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iRiver, Nook
0.8.70 version + XP doesn't work w/ Fire HD?

I just got the download for support of MTP devices. I have a Fire HD, but I thought I read that Windows XP and Calibre don't work with the new Fires.

If it does work, can you tell me how to get started? Calibre does not detect my device as far as I can tell.

Thanks!
EdGein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:52 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Uninstall 0.8.70 and try 0.8.69. Apparently int was hinky for SOME WinXP installations, so the MTP support was removed. If it's going to work for you, you have to go with 0.8.69.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:59 AM   #3
EdGein
EdGein began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iRiver, Nook
Thanks! I'll try doing that. I'm pretty sure I had 0.8.69, and it wasn't working, but I'll try it anyway.

Also, hi from Columbus too. Hilliard, actually. Go Bucks?
EdGein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:14 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGein View Post
Thanks! I'll try doing that. I'm pretty sure I had 0.8.69, and it wasn't working, but I'll try it anyway.
If you are going to try 0.8.69 you also have to follow this post and enter the appropriate tweak under Plugin tweaks.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-28-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Added the missing link
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
ScottyAG
ScottyAG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I see you reference a "post" in your answer here. Where is the post? It says follow this post for the plugin tweak, but I don't see the info here.

Your exact reply

"If you are going to try 0.8.69 you also have to follow this post and enter the appropriate tweak under Plugin tweaks."

Can you give me the link to the tweak? I am having the problem with not connecting to my Kindle Fire with either 8.70 or 8.69.

It looks like you have the answer, I just can't find it.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
ScottyAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190982
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyAG View Post
I see you reference a "post" in your answer here. Where is the post? It says follow this post for the plugin tweak, but I don't see the info here.
I obviously forgot to include the link. Fortunately PeterT stepped in with the link.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
ScottyAG
ScottyAG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thanks DoctorOhh and PeterT for posting the links. I can in fact talk to my device using that "tweak" on my Kindle Fire (non HD) using the fix.

My OS is Windows XP with SP3. I will do some transfer tests to see how reliable and viable the patch is.

Thanks again for your prompt replies. This is a great resource and I got incredibly fast replies. You guys are great.
ScottyAG is offline   Reply With Quote