Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
SYRIUSDARK
SYRIUSDARK began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE 3 KEYBOARD
I NEED HELP ABOUT MY K3 KEYBOARD

HI for all i need help whit a strange problem in my k3 ,im trying to make a hard reset becouse i need to reinstall all the hacks and the k3 rest stop in the middle of the bar in the tree picture ,im trying to restart for many hours ,im desesperate to recover it ,i dont have any warranty .
i think its brick
HOW I MUST RECOVER IT ?
Usually i have in it the jailbreak ,fonts and screen savers and in the last update i put duokan and the resty of jailsbreak and work but when im trying to make a rest factory it stop and dont work please awnser and help me as soon as possible...
Sorry if my english its not good ,im from Spain.
SYRIUSDARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRIUSDARK View Post
HI for all i need help whit a strange problem in my k3 ,im trying to make a hard reset becouse i need to reinstall all the hacks and the k3 rest stop in the middle of the bar in the tree picture ,im trying to restart for many hours ,im desesperate to recover it ,i dont have any warranty .
i think its brick
HOW I MUST RECOVER IT ?
Usually i have in it the jailbreak ,fonts and screen savers and in the last update i put duokan and the resty of jailsbreak and work but when im trying to make a rest factory it stop and dont work please awnser and help me as soon as possible...
Sorry if my english its not good ,im from Spain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRIUSDARK
finally i put into a mode for use atk but i dont know how glop uses his img ,i downloaded the imgfrom the paste bin ,and i dont know which its the next step that i make please contac as soon as posible!!!!!
At this time, qlob is the only user that used ATK to recover his K3 with USB.

Previously, you needed to use the serial port, as shown in a youtube "kindle unbrick" video by seaniko7.

Both the seaniko7 video and the qlob "successful debricking" post are linked in the first post of the "simple debricking" sticky thread.

Also, you need to read hawhill's thread (which your member statistics show that you are viewing now).

I have not personally debricked a K3. Just wait a bit and somebody is sure to answer your questions. People have been busy here with non-MobileRead activities lately, so just be patient. Thanks.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Well, besides qlob, I've successfully broken and later reflashed my K3 - with ATK as well as with k3flasher :-) But maybe I don't count as one of pure "end users" since writing k3flasher :-)

qlob: Please ask questions about ATK in the ATK thread, questions about k3flasher in the k3flasher thread. From what you told, your bootloader and kernel seem to be fine, your root file system however is likely broken. So yes, you need to flash (using ATK or k3flasher) the root file system image that you obtained from the pastebin link to the right offset for the root file system. If you flash it to another location, you will brick other parts of your kindle, so make double sure you enter the correct offset.

Edit/postscriptum: Even if the problem is important to you, I consider it rude to write all-caps subjects. Please don't (in the future).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
I think you mean SYRIUSDARK, not me, as i have sucessfully debricked my kindle twice using ATK and i have never posted in the k3flasher thread(that i remember), because i could not get it to sucessfully compile... My Kindle 3 is still running quite nicely. (the solution you mentioned above is exactly what i did though, and it worked perfectly.)

(All caps annoys me too....)

Last edited by qlob; 07-25-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: clarification
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Slight misunderstanding, what I wanted to express with the first words in the sentence was this: not only you were successful with the debricking -- I was, too :-)
Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
SYRIUSDARK
SYRIUSDARK began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE 3 KEYBOARD
Excuse me.
thank for awnser to my question ,well finally i decided to flash whit Atk tool but first i try to flash the first ,link that appear in the pastebin and it cause a strange thing when finally it stay in the tree page that said wait. and dont work in other way but the ATK reconigse it.
When i see that i use the second links that appears in the paste bin and use it its have 650 mb aproxx i use the ATK in the option program whit a number 0x003c1000 like you said that star roofs .but i dont know if it correct .
Thank first for your time,and please tell me if i have got any possible solution if dont work or explain how i must to do in the correct way .!!!
SYRIUSDARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
hawhill
Wizard

Please, ask further questions in the ATK thread. That's where these matters should be discussed.

Using the 650MB image (mmcblk0p1-k3g-3.3.zip) with the address 0x003c1000 sounds about right. Don't forget to unzip it before using it. It must be named with a filename extension ".bin" for ATK, I think.

I'm not sure (didn't check) in how the links in the pastebin differ. However, the mmcblk0p1-k3g-3.3.zip file is *not* a kernel, but rather a rootfs, I think. But you can tell from the size, a kernel is about 2-3 MB, while the root fs is about 650MB. Flashing will take about 1.5 hours, maybe a bit more.

If you ever flashed anything to a different location, please tell about such mistakes, since they will break other stuff. All is recoverable, but only if we know what's going on.

To force you to write to the other thread, I will not answer ATK/flashing specific info in this thread anymore. I'm not a personal support hotline, and the information provided by me is meant for everyone, so let's not bury it in a thread about an individual problem. Continue here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183147
Old 07-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Thumbs up successful K3 debricking via USB

This thread ends on a happy note: The "simple debricking" sticky thread contains a "success report" from SYRIUSDARK.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote