Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Send to Kindle for PC

Send personal documents to your Kindle from your PC.
  • From Windows Explorer, simply right click on one or more documents and choose Send to Kindle.
  • From any Windows application that can print, select Print and choose Send to Kindle (documents are delivered in PDF format).
  • Choose to archive documents in your Kindle Library, where you can re-download them conveniently anywhere at any time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000719931

Last edited by grizedale; 01-12-2012 at 03:49 PM.
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizedale View Post
Send personal documents to your Kindle from your PC.
  • From Windows Explorer, simply right click on one or more documents and choose Send to Kindle.
  • From any Windows application that can print, select Print and choose Send to Kindle (documents are delivered in PDF format).
  • Choose to archive documents in your Kindle Library, where you can re-download them conveniently anywhere at any time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000719931
Awesome! I wanted this for a long time!

It works great! I can check which Kindles to send to and if or not I want it archived. This is Great!

Last edited by Blossom; 01-12-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Thanks
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
You are my Hero ! ... Well Almost !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I downloaded this yesterday but I keep getting an error message when installing, 0x00000002). I've talked to CS and did some google searches which tells me to use a registry cleaner, which I've done but I am not able to get it to fix so that I can use this from Word and any other programs. Any experts out there who know what else I can try or where within the registry to look to correct this error?
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Nynaevelan,

I don't recommend messing with the registry on your computer unless you know exactly what you're doing. It's really easy to seriously mess up your computer.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I downloaded this yesterday but I keep getting an error message when installing, 0x00000002). I've talked to CS and did some google searches which tells me to use a registry cleaner, which I've done but I am not able to get it to fix so that I can use this from Word and any other programs. Any experts out there who know what else I can try or where within the registry to look to correct this error?
Do you mean you're getting a Stop error what we call a blue screen of death or the installer crashes?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Nynaevelan,

I don't recommend messing with the registry on your computer unless you know exactly what you're doing. It's really easy to seriously mess up your computer.
I agree, I save that for emergencies but I think I am in emergency territory. Though I do back up the registry before I do anything in it, I have nightly backups of my computer and I use the system restore feature so I should be ok from toooo much damage.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Do you mean you're getting a Stop error what we call a blue screen of death or the installer crashes?
No at the very end of the installation it gives me an error which says: "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002) ". This happens at the very end of the installation, and I get a finish message after that. I can use Windows Explorer to send files but I cannot from within programs because it is not able to create a printer.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
No at the very end of the installation it gives me an error which says: "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002) ". This happens at the very end of the installation, and I get a finish message after that. I can use Windows Explorer to send files but I cannot from within programs because it is not able to create a printer.
Okay let's me do some research and get back with you. I think it may be a permissions thing.

Okay it does seem to be a permissions issues. Do you have Administrator privileges on your account? You will need full access to install the program.
I would turn off UAC then try again to install. Right click on the setup file and choose Run as Administrator.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-13-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #11
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Okay let's me do some research and get back with you. I think it may be a permissions thing.

Okay it does seem to be a permissions issues. Do you have Administrator privileges on your account? You will need full access to install the program.
I would turn off UAC then try again to install. Right click on the setup file and choose Run as Administrator.
Yes I have admin rights and I already have UAC turned off but I tried right clicking and installing and the same error. I am trying to reinstall my printer drivers now to see if it will let me install that printer. I also tried running CCleaner but that didn't help.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Yes I have admin rights and I already have UAC turned off but I tried right clicking and installing and the same error. I am trying to reinstall my printer drivers now to see if it will let me install that printer. I also tried running CCleaner but that didn't help.
Make sure to reboot after doing the cleaner step.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
This is great. I also like the option to "Choose to archive documents in your Kindle Library, where you can re-download them conveniently anywhere at any time." I have a ton of public domain books that I can now store in the cloud.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Make sure to reboot after doing the cleaner step.
Tried that too but no success.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
dmspen
Enthusiast
dmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Turn off protection

Try re-installing with any protection programs off like anti-virus, etc.

For safety, download the file too your desktop (Save target as...) unhook from th einternet then turn off the protection and try an install.

I fthat doesn't work, try installing in Safe Mode.

Don't forget to restart your protection!
dmspen is offline   Reply With Quote