Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 04:55 AM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
The major problem I have with it is that the error window is way to narrow.

If you can widen the error window so that each error fits on one line, then I will go back to using it.
Feedback! Thank you!

I'm not sure if I can widen the error window, but I could get it to save the error messages in a text file next to the original folder if there are any warnings or errors.

I'll take a look and see what can be done. It hasn't bothered me because I'm used to the kinds of errors I generate when editing ePubs, but I can see that it's a problem for someone starting out, which is just the kind of person the script is supposed to be helping.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:25 AM   #17
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Feedback! Thank you!

I'm not sure if I can widen the error window, but I could get it to save the error messages in a text file next to the original folder if there are any warnings or errors.

I'll take a look and see what can be done. It hasn't bothered me because I'm used to the kinds of errors I generate when editing ePubs, but I can see that it's a problem for someone starting out, which is just the kind of person the script is supposed to be helping.
No problems, it was just annoying to have to open yet other program (text edit) to read what the messages were.

I was using yours and just leaving it there as a checklist i.e fix the first few then run it again, rinse and repeat... but because the window was so narrow, I ended up using the threepress upload.
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
Quote:
Thanks. I no longer use Terminal, but a drag&drop Applescript I wrote. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55681
Boy, do I wish I'd found this yesterday when I was trying to zip up my files! On the otherhand, the fiddling helps me learn new things. I downloaded it and used it with success.
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #19
nashville867
nashville867 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Works perfectly

Thanks, pdurrant. Works perfectly. Results jibe with threepress's. Very much appreciated.
nashville867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:26 AM   #20
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Feedback! Thank you!

I'll take a look and see what can be done.
Have you had a chance to change this yet, I just downloaded it then and checked. It's still the same... I guess all you need (like it's an easy thing ) is to have the results message window adjustable...
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 04:23 AM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
Have you had a chance to change this yet, I just downloaded it then and checked. It's still the same... I guess all you need (like it's an easy thing ) is to have the results message window adjustable...
Unfortunately, I'd need to change from a simple AppleScript to something done with AppleScript Studio, which I don't have time to do. I can make the dialog a little wider by making the button bigger, but not resizable. I have added a feature that saves the error report in a text file. (Same folder as the ePub, with the ePub name with '.txt' added.)

The new version of the script will be uploaded in a minute of two.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #22
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Now updated to use epubcheck 1.1 (see the first post in this thread).
Old 08-22-2011, 03:09 AM   #23
dethaksone
dethaksone began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle, B&N, Macbook, etc.
update with epubcheck1.2 would be great
dethaksone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:00 AM   #24
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethaksone View Post
update with epubcheck1.2 would be great
Done. See the first post.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #25
dethaksone
dethaksone began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle, B&N, Macbook, etc.
Quote:
Thank you so much
dethaksone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #26
amarie0
Enthusiast
amarie0 doesn't litteramarie0 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, Kindle
Quote:
I downloaded the 1.2 one from the first post (mod date 8/22/11) but after running it on an epub, the results window says "epubcheck 1.1 reports no errors".

Just a UI thing?

BTW this is great, Paul.

AM
amarie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #27
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarie0 View Post
I downloaded the 1.2 one from the first post (mod date 8/22/11) but after running it on an epub, the results window says "epubcheck 1.1 reports no errors".

Just a UI thing?
Yes, just a UI thing - I forgot to update that string in the AppleScript.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #28
Boonercat
Boonercat began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
This is awesome, thanks for the tool!
Boonercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #29
amyg
Enthusiast
amyg is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad
I took the liberty of updating pdurrant's applescript to run the new epubcheck-3.0b4. I don't know how to make anything but the simplest applescript but updating pdurrant's didn't seem too hard - at least I think I did it right. I tried it out on both an epub that validated and one that didn't and it seems to work. Thanks pdurrant for the original script.

epubcheck_3.app.zip
amyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #30
amarie0
Enthusiast
amarie0 doesn't litteramarie0 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, Kindle
Thank you Amy!
amarie0 is offline   Reply With Quote