Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-16-2015, 05:37 AM   #1
Logophil
Logophil began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Using Calibre for payable content in iTunes

I would like to sell epub books via iTunes, but they say on iTunes:

"To create valid EPUB files for iBooks, you can use apps such as Adobe InDesign CS 5.5. Note that some tools, such as Calibre, do not create valid EPUBs."

But I prepared tons of files using Calibre, which I love. Is there a workaround that I still can use Calibre to produce epub files iTunes will accept?

Unfortunately iTunes will not tell you what exactly is "wrong" with the code produced by Calibre.

Thanks a lot!
Logophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just run epub check on the calibre produced epub and fix whatever trivialities epubcheck complains about and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:39 AM   #3
Logophil
Logophil began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

I ran the check without any error message using the epubchecker from pagina. So you think I can give it a try on iTunes connect without any further checks?

If that turns out to be the case, I will happily make a contribution to the Calibre project!
Logophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:46 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not sure, try it and see It depends on whether Apple is using a customized version of epubcheck with additional checks or the vanilla one. If the latter, then you should have no problems.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ibooks, itunes