Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
King Antonius
Ruler of the lands
King Antonius began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300 Limited Edition Blue
Is there a reason Reader library wont sync to my 300 on my mac? It did before.

Hey wee problem here and i'm stumped.

I have registerd/activated my PRS-300, installed adobe digital editions and registered my computer etc All fine

Previously i had Synced my ebook reader with the sony reader software and it installed the 3 purchased books i had onto my device. I also used Calibre to transfer some other books i have too.

For some reason thoughLast time i connected my 300 to the machine, it "Synced" with the Sony reader software, and removed all my officially bought books.

Now, i just bought two more in the WHSmiths offer. So i have 6 Purchased eBooks in the reader software now.

When i plug in my device and select Sync, it begens syncing the 1st book, the progress bar moves to about 30% filled, then never goes any further. It doesnt cancel, it doesn't move onto the next book. It just sits there, the status icon spinning, but nothing happening.

I know i can put the books into Calibre, and do it that way, but For some reason when i do that I loose the front few pages of each book, and all the metadata is missing too.

It's starting to annoy me, so i thought i would ask you lovely people if you knew whats going on?

Cheers.
King Antonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
King Antonius
Ruler of the lands

Ok, heres an odd one for ya! I disconnected the reader, and the software says no files were transferred. Yet on the reader, they are all there...
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I have a similar odd one happening now in Calibre. Never happened until a few days ago. Twice now when I delete a book from the reader from within Calibre, It shows everything is deleted from my reader! I panic, eject/unplug and everything shows as it should on the reader. Everything works fine, but it gives me a scare.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 AM   #4
King Antonius
Ruler of the lands

It is bizarre I have to admit, but stuff seems to be getting copied, so I don't mind :P