Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #496
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Apart from the 30 cents donate button none of the rest are working and half of the buttons on the rightare not showing
fixed
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #497
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I can't read d ay german books (epub, mobi) on my A10. The code seems to be misinterpret the Umlauts. Could it be that Coolreader can't read UTF-8. Is there a switch that I can't find to let Cool Reader recognize german?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #498
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I can't read d ay german books (epub, mobi) on my A10. The code seems to be misinterpret the Umlauts. Could it be that Coolreader can't read UTF-8. Is there a switch that I can't find to let Cool Reader recognize german?
I'm investigating this problem.
There is some bug in reading PDB format - some parts of data skipped (near bounds of PDB blocks).
When some byte is missing in utf8 flow, text becomes invalid utf-8 sequence, and tries to reinterpret as other encodings.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #499
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Tab1 (Font) will not allow changing font style or interline spacing. I have to use Tab2 (CSS) "Default paragraph setting" to make those changes. If I uncheck "Enable document internal style" CoolReader crashes. When I restart CoolReader the "Enable document internal style" will be checked. The check mark defaults are opposite in Honeycomb and Gingerbread.

I am using 55-10 and I'm not sure when it started.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #500
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone6, iPadMiniRetina, KindlePW3, KoboGloHD
Download books to /emmc

I've been testing out CoolReader as an alternative to several other ereaders for my NookColor under CM7. So far, CoolReader has a lot of features I really like and I see from this thread a number of others are planned.

I use Calibre2opds and Dropbox so I can d/l my books from anywhere to my NC, and I prefer them to be d/l'd directly to /emmc instead of /sdcard. I didn't see this option in CoolReader although I did notice it can open existing books from /emmc. Did I miss it? If this option is not currently available, is it on the future features list?

Thanks.
ssholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #501
Lyor
Enthusiast
Lyor began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7 Sony PRS-950, , Galaxy Note 10.1 & Tab 7+, Nook STR & HD+
There seems to be a problem with catalogs. I am having trouble opening some of the "standard" catalogs,such as Feedbooks/Best Sellers etc, that are included. I get the message "Error occured while reading OPDS catalog." Any one else having this issue?
Thanx.
Lyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #502
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyor View Post
There seems to be a problem with catalogs. I am having trouble opening some of the "standard" catalogs,such as Feedbooks/Best Sellers etc, that are included. I get the message "Error occured while reading OPDS catalog." Any one else having this issue?
Thanx.
It worked a few months ago.
Let me check it.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #503
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssholloway View Post
I've been testing out CoolReader as an alternative to several other ereaders for my NookColor under CM7. So far, CoolReader has a lot of features I really like and I see from this thread a number of others are planned.

I use Calibre2opds and Dropbox so I can d/l my books from anywhere to my NC, and I prefer them to be d/l'd directly to /emmc instead of /sdcard. I didn't see this option in CoolReader although I did notice it can open existing books from /emmc. Did I miss it? If this option is not currently available, is it on the future features list?

Thanks.
Following feature is planned: long tap on folder, in context menu choose "use as default books directory" - this directory will be shown in root list, and books will be downloaded to it. Is it sufficient? I don't like to add separate dir settings for downloads.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:17 AM   #504
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Tab1 (Font) will not allow changing font style or interline spacing. I have to use Tab2 (CSS) "Default paragraph setting" to make those changes. If I uncheck "Enable document internal style" CoolReader crashes. When I restart CoolReader the "Enable document internal style" will be checked. The check mark defaults are opposite in Honeycomb and Gingerbread.

I am using 55-10 and I'm not sure when it started.

Regards - John
If font and interline settings don't work in epubs, it seems like they are set inside document's CSS. "Enable document internal style" uncheck should fix the problem.
Could you provide me sample book witch this problem exist, in order to allow me debug and fix crash? (you can send it to buggins (at) fromru.com).
Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #505
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
I have seen a lot of updates lately but I'm not sure what has changed. It would be great if after an update a brief summary of the changes / new features could be shown. Calibre in particular does a great job of providing update summaries.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #506
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
I have seen a lot of updates lately but I'm not sure what has changed. It would be great if after an update a brief summary of the changes / new features could be shown. Calibre in particular does a great job of providing update summaries.
You can check whats new here
http://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/...gine;a=summary
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #507
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Dopedangel - acknowledged and thanks
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #508
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone6, iPadMiniRetina, KindlePW3, KoboGloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Following feature is planned: long tap on folder, in context menu choose "use as default books directory" - this directory will be shown in root list, and books will be downloaded to it. Is it sufficient? I don't like to add separate dir settings for downloads.
That will be excellent! Many thanks.
ssholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #509
Lyor
Enthusiast
Lyor began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7 Sony PRS-950, , Galaxy Note 10.1 & Tab 7+, Nook STR & HD+
Thanx...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
It worked a few months ago.
Let me check it.

Thanx for looking into it.
Roy
Lyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #510
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
If I uncheck "Enable document internal style" CoolReader crashes. When I restart CoolReader the "Enable document internal style" will be checked.
I'm using the latest version (3.0.55-17) and "Enable document internal style" doesn't work anymore. It's checked and when you uncheck it crashes to the main android page. And remains checked when you restart cr3.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 01-19-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader