Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
sblop
sblop began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Problems installing software.

I have downloaded severl apk files from the nookdevs group and put them to my nook, in the folder "install" on the sdcard(external). But I have big problems install them with the fileman. - Some of them have been installed without problems, but almost all of them is impossible to install. The nook writes it not possible on this phone. I have ofcause reset my nook, closed running apps etc. But no luck.
I run 1.4.1 from nookdevs.
I have tried ADB, but no luck connecting. Only time it sorta succed, it wrote: "adb server out of date".

Can anyone give me a hint about what Im doing wrong?

Last edited by sblop; 09-27-2010 at 08:03 PM.
sblop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
sblop

Anyone?
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, sblop

Hopefully someone from the nook forums will step in soon with an answer.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
sjkevin
Connoisseur
sjkevin is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Try using trook. The app I would concentrate on is nookMarket. Once nookMarket is installed, you can use it to download and install the other apps you want.
sjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
sjkevin
Connoisseur
sjkevin is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Also, I think trook checks in "my packages" on the internal (not external) sdcard.
sjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #6
sblop

Hi. Thanks for the answer. I have tried trook, but when I try to install Markedplace it won't install. - It wont install marketplace either from the sdcard when I open it with file selector. :-/
Still writes it wont install on this phone...

grrr...

I guess that a softroot on the nook is good enough for this, as it installs other programs without problems.

Btw which launcher is the best? Just the one (russian) that comes with the firmware from nookdevs? I've updated it with a newer version, but it annoys me it doesn't have a seperate "audio" button, as the standart launcher. :-/
Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #7
Atomix
Enthusiast
Atomix began at the beginning.

Solution to this problem is quite simple. Every program that says 'it cannot be installed on this phone', must be installed using command prompt.
Do this:

1. plugin your nook via usb cable
2. open command prompt. Start --> Run --> cmd.exe
3. download the application that you wish to install
4. write adb install C:\Users\Atomix\Desktop\NookApps\nookFileManager.a pk
ofcourse, replace the above line with the location, where you downloaded the file.
It should say: success!
If you are trying to reinstall a program, then you must first uninstall it using command prompt, by typing: adb uninstall com.nookdevs.filemanager
Atomix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #8
sblop

Thanks a lot.
I will try this later today. :-)
Old 10-06-2010, 03:40 AM   #9
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomix View Post
Solution to this problem is quite simple. Every program that says 'it cannot be installed on this phone', must be installed using command prompt.
Do this:

1. plugin your nook via usb cable
2. open command prompt. Start --> Run --> cmd.exe
3. download the application that you wish to install
4. write adb install C:\Users\Atomix\Desktop\NookApps\nookFileManager.a pk
ofcourse, replace the above line with the location, where you downloaded the file.
It should say: success!
If you are trying to reinstall a program, then you must first uninstall it using command prompt, by typing: adb uninstall com.nookdevs.filemanager
Just a note, you will need to install/download ADB (Android Debug Bridge) from google (it's part of the android SDK) and the ADB USB driver from nookdevs.

If you don't, the above instructions won't work...
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote