Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2 View Post
I was just told by Amazon Customer Support to deregister all kindles prior to returning units for replacement or refund and that all info to process returns are located on the return label that Amazon supplies.
Thanks for that information. In the future, I'll also do a reset which will deregister the Kindle if I return one.

However, I never got a return label for my other returned product. UPS will generate the label and use it when they pick up my other product. I did get a Return Authorization page which I inserted in the package.

Labels are only generated if the customer is going to deliver the package to UPS or drop it off at one of their kiosks.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've always do a factory reset which does deregister the Kindles. Never an issue. They are probably backed up with all the returns but yes do give them a call.

Once you get your refund you might try Best Buy. Some are having luck there in getting a no blob unit.
I'm probably going to wait until generation 2, if then. I really felt like the PW screen looked like it was glowing rather than being front lit. Even if it had been color blotch and shadow free the text just looked too washed out for my tastes. A high resolution LCD running a Kindle app looks much better to my eyes. My iPad3 does a great job as did the 1st gen Fire I had. The iPad3 is too big to comfortably hold for long durations though. I'm no fan of the Fire's carousel, but I might try the Fire HD as a dedicated reader only and leave the app use for the iPad3. Also considering the Nexus 7.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
My current problem now is getting my refund. I shipped the first one back the first week of Oct and the other two shipped back 1.5 weeks ago. All three have made it back home to the mother ship in KY and I've long since got the emails stating they were received and that I should be getting a refund email notice. Still no refund email notice nor any refund. I'm going to call CS in the morning to see what the problem is. I suspect they are uber confused about the three returned units for a single unit order.
Strange, they actually emailed me when they received the three units I sent back to let me know I'd be refunded for one PW. I ended up calling them up to let them know that they must have made a mistake, and that I obviously needed to pay for my PW. So they took the money back out of my account, but at the same time, never refunded me the original refund. I'll have to let Andrew know when he calls. I may have confused them.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #19
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
My current problem now is getting my refund. I shipped the first one back the first week of Oct and the other two shipped back 1.5 weeks ago. All three have made it back home to the mother ship in KY and I've long since got the emails stating they were received and that I should be getting a refund email notice. Still no refund email notice nor any refund. I'm going to call CS in the morning to see what the problem is. I suspect they are uber confused about the three returned units for a single unit order.
That was an understatement. I got a totally confused CS rep when I called to ask about my refund. She actually was rather bitchy from the get go. She was unable to grasp the concept of buying one PW, eventually getting two PWs as replacements, and giving up and returning all three PWs to get a refund for the ONE I bought. I kept asking questions and prodding her for answers. She got angry and told me it could take 4 weeks or more. I finally just hung up on her and wrote a long email to the refund gurus explaining the situation, and I included all the order numbers and return authorization numbers. I also included links to verify that all three were returned to the Hebron, KY facility. Hopefully they can get it sorted and give me my refund.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #20
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Well, I spoke with Amazon CS today about the PW again. I told them I was following up on a phone call I received regarding the 1 star review I left on Amazon. It was an extremely frustrating call, I have to say. First off, once again, the rep was from India and very difficult to understand.

He didn't seem aware of the email I was sent even though he pulled my account up. Odd. I asked him if he was aware of the color hue issue and he said no. He said the only complaint they have received is about the bottom lights and that is normal.

I mentioned all the reviews on the Amazon site talking about the color hue problems and he acted like he was completely unaware. He reiterated that the only complaint Amazon has received is about the lights at the bottom. In fact, he seemed a little agitated when I mentioned all the reviews on Amazon about the color hue problem.

He then left for a bit, came back, and said he'd send me a replacement and guaranteed me it would not have any of the issues I experienced with the first two. (color hues, glowing specks, black specks etc.) Don't ask me how he can "guarantee" this, especially when it's an issue Amazon isn't even aware of.

So yes... not a very encouraging phone call. I'm expecting my replacement on Thursday. (2nd replacement, 3rd PW) I was hoping for a better experience really. I felt like he brushed off most of what I was saying honestly. Suffice to say, this will be my last try at a replacement.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 10-22-2012 at 03:40 PM.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That was an understatement. I got a totally confused CS rep when I called to ask about my refund. She actually was rather bitchy from the get go. She was unable to grasp the concept of buying one PW, eventually getting two PWs as replacements, and giving up and returning all three PWs to get a refund for the ONE I bought. I kept asking questions and prodding her for answers. She got angry and told me it could take 4 weeks or more. I finally just hung up on her and wrote a long email to the refund gurus explaining the situation, and I included all the order numbers and return authorization numbers. I also included links to verify that all three were returned to the Hebron, KY facility. Hopefully they can get it sorted and give me my refund.
That's awful. What a pain. I hope they get it sorted for you soon, Jack.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I just got an email from a friend asking me if I had purchased the new Kindle (among other topics of conversation ). I recounted my tale of woe, linked him to my Amazon review and he responded that neither he nor his wife have noticed any color blotching on their Paperwhites. They have the LED shadows on the bottom but all else is good. He's going to take another look. I hope his PWs are good and problem free because he was happy with his purchase before contacting me.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #23
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Well, I spoke with Amazon CS today about the PW again. I told them I was following up on a phone call I received regarding the 1 star review I left on Amazon. It was an extremely frustrating call, I have to say. First off, once again, the rep was from India and very difficult to understand.

He didn't seem aware of the email I was sent even though he pulled my account up. Odd. I asked him if he was aware of the color hue issue and he said no. He said the only complaint they have received is about the bottom lights and that is normal.

I mentioned all the reviews on the Amazon site talking about the color hue problems and he acted like he was completely unaware. He reiterated that the only complaint Amazon has received is about the lights at the bottom. In fact, he seemed a little agitated when I mentioned all the reviews on Amazon about the color hue problem.

He then left for a bit, came back, and said he'd send me a replacement and guaranteed me it would not have any of the issues I experienced with the first two. (color hues, glowing specks, black specks etc.) Don't ask me how he can "guarantee" this, especially when it's an issue Amazon isn't even aware of.

So yes... not a very encouraging phone call. I'm expecting my replacement on Thursday. (2nd replacement, 3rd PW) I was hoping for a better experience really. I felt like he brushed off most of what I was saying honestly. Suffice to say, this will be my last try at a replacement.
Be sure to keep all of your emails from Amazon and keep track of all the order numbers and return authorization numbers. Sometimes Amazon CS is like a new puppy that hasn't learned to not piddle on the floor yet. You might have to push its little nose into the puddle of piddle before it acknowledges there is a problem. So it helps to have all the tracking numbers to show them where they piddled!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #24
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Ha, good point, Jack. They have already notified me that they received my first (and only) return. I'll make sure to keep track of everything though. What a pain this has turned out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I just got an email from a friend asking me if I had purchased the new Kindle (among other topics of conversation ). I recounted my tale of woe, linked him to my Amazon review and he responded that neither he nor his wife have noticed any color blotching on their Paperwhites. They have the LED shadows on the bottom but all else is good. He's going to take another look. I hope his PWs are good and problem free because he was happy with his purchase before contacting me.

Uh oh. Fingers crossed he doesn't notice anything now. I've become such a cynic with the PW. I feel I'd see it on all of them. But, hey, if someone doesn't see it on theirs, that's great. I just wish this was the case for me too.

I think at this point I'd almost be OK to have one with mild hues, as long as there isn't any specks. The specks bother me more than the hues, but that might be because the hues on mine have been fairly faint. Watch me now get one with no specks, but major dark color blobs.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #25
jswinden
Nameless Being

CS wrote me back and I now have my refund approved and submitted to the CC! I guess the long detailed email I wrote was worth the time and effort. I bet they are having a lot of confusion what with all the replacements and returns.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #26
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
CS wrote me back and I now have my refund approved and submitted to the CC! I guess the long detailed email I wrote was worth the time and effort. I bet they are having a lot of confusion what with all the replacements and returns.
Good to hear!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #27
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post

Try to reply to that email instead. I did, and though I received a generic answer that my email did not reach CS, CS Andrew actually responded to it, so they do get through.

Last edited by xendula; 10-22-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #28
xendula
eBookworm

Amazon Andrew called me back today as promised, only to tell me that he would not be able to tell me anything and that he could either call me back on Friday, or when they have found a resolution. He could not tell me when that would be, what possible reolutions there are, or really anything useful, other than that he is still commited to helping me.
I asked that he calls me back on Friday.
I also asked him if it would make sense to ask for a new round of replacements, as my original purchase is a while back and I was running out of the 30 days replacement window. I told him that I did not want to risk getting someone's refurbished unit. He said I sould not worry about the 30 days, but now, in retrospect, after all the empty promises before Andrew "found" me, I should ask to get this in written.

I am somewhat deflated after this fourth phone call, and him telling me they are working on a resolution. Are they just appeasing me with empty air, or are they really working on a solution. I am a reasonable person, but after this crazy wait, the solution better come with a tan, sexy, Adonis-like, scantily clad foot massager.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #29
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Try to reply to that email instead. I did, and though I received a generic answer that my email did not reach CS, CS Andrew actually responded to it, so they do get through.
That's a good idea, maybe I'll consider doing that after I get my latest replacement and see how that pans out. My problem is I am not even speaking with Amazon Kindle US. I'm getting CS in India and obviously they know nothing. (And this is with using the contact me, call me back number option.) They are trained to take calls and that's it. They have zero knowledge of the PW or any problems that people are experiencing so me talking to them is pointless. All they do is send me another color blobby replacement. I guess this time I'm just hoping to get one without specks. I regret missing that phone call because it was from a US rep, I would have liked to talk to them and ask some questions at least.

As for your situation with Andrew... It seems rather odd. I don't quite understand what they're trying to accomplish with saying they'll call you back, only to say nothing new. Do they honestly think they will have more to tell you Friday? It's confusing and makes no sense to me.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #30
xendula
eBookworm

@Sparklemotion: yes, very confusing. That's why I wonder if it's just supposed to calm me down? But then, THEY reached out to ME. Why would they do that if they have nothing to say? Very confused.

I hope that this thread will help shed some light into why exactly they are contacting 1 star reviewers, other than to have some devices sent to Cupertino. Hope more forum members are going to share their experience.

And, I also get India often. The first "Andrew" was in India and that was likely not really his name. This specific Andrew is however in CA, so I am guessing the reps that initiate contact are not overseas.

I also would not worry about getting another blotchy screen, since the rep you talked to guarateed that it would be perfect.

Last edited by xendula; 10-23-2012 at 06:39 PM.