Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #16
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I have that problem!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkar View Post
Rob,

Isn't today Dec 21?
Dear Tenkar:

OOPS!! Make that January 7-10!! My brain is already in Las Vegas.

I do have this problem. I know it and need to concentrate more. My brain just "assumes" it has the right month as I am concentrating on the date(s).

Sorry for the confusion, gang!! Here today... gone to Vegas!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
... (post deleted)

Last edited by John F; 01-13-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Changed to quote
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #18
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear omro:

If you can wait until December 7-10, you just may see a fine way to purchase eBooks. I am forbidden to say anything. Just keep a watchful eye!
Any updates?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #19
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
Anybody who has signed up at the Sony Store, can you tell me if a CC was required? I can't remember. Would have been tricky for me as my US CCs have a foreign billing address, and my foreign CCs have of course the same non-US address. All this is stopping me from checking out B&N. Bummer!
For purchasing a book yes, it's necessary a CC (or pating with a gift card sended by somebody, of course).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #20
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Tenkar:

OOPS!! Make that January 7-10!! My brain is already in Las Vegas.

I do have this problem. I know it and need to concentrate more. My brain just "assumes" it has the right month as I am concentrating on the date(s).

Sorry for the confusion, gang!! Here today... gone to Vegas!!
so what's the new way? i've been completely disconnected...
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #21
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Wait just a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
so what's the new way? i've been completely disconnected...
Dear SDRebel:

I HATE these hush-hush things. My mean old grump of a Product Manager (who is really a great guy) has imposed a gag order on me over this.

BUT... I meant what I said. News is coming and it hopefully will be major.

We are awaiting final (required) approval by Googoo (cannot spell the name out) and then will bring up something nice as an alternative. Expect something by end of next week!!

No, it is not a personally autographed picture of Griffonwing on a Toilet!!

By the way, NOW WHERE did our Griffonwing go??
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #22
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
You guys are killing me here, Robert.

I am anticipating the release of your new products mostly because of WiFi capabilities and the possibility of the 9-inch screen. As I mentioned somewhere on these boards before, I would like to do away with printing my PDFs and lugging them through airports so I can work on the plane.

While I have your attention, though, maybe you can answer a question for me. I have recently become addicted to RSS feeds on my iPhone. I am wondering if you or anyone can tell me whether (WiFi or not) I can get RSS subscriptions on the Astak products?

If no one has an answer here, maybe I'll start a new thread about it.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #23
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
You guys are killing me here, Robert.

I am anticipating the release of your new products mostly because of WiFi capabilities and the possibility of the 9-inch screen. As I mentioned somewhere on these boards before, I would like to do away with printing my PDFs and lugging them through airports so I can work on the plane.

While I have your attention, though, maybe you can answer a question for me. I have recently become addicted to RSS feeds on my iPhone. I am wondering if you or anyone can tell me whether (WiFi or not) I can get RSS subscriptions on the Astak products?

If no one has an answer here, maybe I'll start a new thread about it.
Today there is no direct reader for RSS on currently released products. Calibre and Mobipocket can both convert RSS feeds to something a EZ reader can read and I believe a similar facility exists online at Feedbooks.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #24
lionel47
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Today there is no direct reader for RSS on currently released products. Calibre and Mobipocket can both convert RSS feeds to something a EZ reader can read and I believe a similar facility exists online at Feedbooks.
So, my process would be to get the feeds, bring them into Calibre and then onto the EZ Reader? Hmmm...I am impatient but, again, it sounds like I'd better wait a few months till I can get a WiFI-enabled reader.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #25
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Possibly but there is value add to the conversion approach. You can set up recipes to go get the data easily and a typical RSS feed only lists part of the information. The three solutions I gave you will actually go retrieve the actual data referenced in the RSS feed so you get a more complete news picture. Of course if you are live you can follow those links yourself but an RSS feed reader is not enough, you have to have an HTML browser to go get the rest of the data.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #26
lionel47
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Possibly but there is value add to the conversion approach. You can set up recipes to go get the data easily and a typical RSS feed only lists part of the information. The three solutions I gave you will actually go retrieve the actual data referenced in the RSS feed so you get a more complete news picture. Of course if you are live you can follow those links yourself but an RSS feed reader is not enough, you have to have an HTML browser to go get the rest of the data.

Dale
Good points. I am hanging out in Seattle this week and just got back from Car Toys where I had my first hands on look at the Pocket Pro. Nice. However, I'm going to hold out for the larger screen because I need to look at letter-sized PDFs.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #27
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
ok so what is the big news with google. and how does it relate to the sonybookstore?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #28
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
ok so what is the big news with google. and how does it relate to the sonybookstore?
Robert, where are you? where are the news?
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote