Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-16-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
Pawlo
Pawlo began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Sync moon+reader

I Have the PRO version of Moon + Reader and can't synchronize with other devices. I tried the Drive and DropBox and could not.

The user support them is terrible.
Pawlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #2
Pawlo
Pawlo began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I thought the sync of the moon + reader bring the file too, but only synchronizes the page. It worked
Pawlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
I'm having trouble with syncing as well. I want to sync Moon+ Reader Pro between my tablet and my PC which I can run the app on using the BlueStacks emulator. I've tried using both the Dropbox option and the Google Drive option, neither of which seem to sync consistently. Sometimes it will sync the pages ok, but other times it won't sync at all, or it will sync to a page that's further back than where I left off.

I don't know if this is because I'm using an emulator as one of my devices, or if the syncing just isn't very reliable. Has anyone synced Moon+ Reader successfully consistently between an Android device and the BlueStacks emulator? Does anyone have any tips for getting the sync to work successfully?

I have the options checked off for backing the book file up after opening, backing up in WiFi only, and updating to recent list of new phones/tablets.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
moon+ sync is just garbage

it works so randomly for me that I've completely given up on it

Aldiko and Aldiko Sync work so perfectly (but have other problems) that I'm just crazy frustrated not being able to get moon sync working

there's no log, no error message, nothing. it just mostly doesn't work
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Thanks for answering. Glad to know it's not just me. It's a shame though. I love Moon+ Reader and I'm not going to give it up just because of this, but I'd really like to be able to read on my PC and then not have to manually find my place again when I got back to my tablet.
Advert
Old 08-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #6
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
I was using Mantano premium for a long time but recently switched to using Moon Reader pro more and more primarily because of the dropbox sync. I use it and it's very reliable. It not only syncs reading position but, in the paid version, also all notes, bookmarks, and highlights.

Mantano is still a little better for formatting and looks, but Moon has gotten better of late in that department, and the dropbox sync is just too valuable to give that up now.

For all those having problems syncing, are you at least getting the pop up message when you open the book that a new reading position is available and giving you the option to accept it or not? If not, then there may be a few problems with your setup.

The paid version is on sale through end of day tomorrow for 50% off.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
Kythe42
Zealot

I already have the paid version, got it one of the other times it was on sale.

Sometimes I get the pop-up message and sometimes not. Sometimes when I get the popup message it will sync to an earlier position from where I actually left off.

Is there anything manual you need to do in order to get it to sync properly, like completely exiting out of the app or something?
Old 08-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
The fact you are getting the pop-up message at least some of the time means everything is configured properly.

To make sure the reading position registers to dropbox correctly, I think you do have to exit out of Moon reader -- not just switch to another app, but actually exit out of it. This can be done by repeatedly using the back key until you see your home screen. But that can be tedious. To make this easier to do, I assigned the "Close Moon+ Reader" function to the Click Left gesture on the Mini Status Bar. The setting for this is under "Miscellaneous." It makes it so easy to shut down the reader.

Then to be sure that the device you are syncing to can register the new reading position properly, make sure it has an active wi-fi connection BEFORE you open Moon reader. If you do, you should get the pop up message. If you open Moon reader on the 2nd device while there is no wi-fi connection, the new reading position may not be received.

One thing you can do to make sure you get the new reading position regardless is to bookmark the position. It will get transferred to your other device once a wi-fi connection is established, even if the new reading position doesn't.

As for having the pop-up message come up and it is for a previous position, I have no idea about that. It has never happened to me. Whenever the message pops up, the new reading position is always accurate.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #9
Kythe42
Zealot

Thanks for the advice. I will try to keep it in mind when using the app and see how it goes.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #10
Kythe42
Zealot

@PatNY

The sync seems to be working much better since following your instructions. The only snag now is that Moon+ Reader Pro doesn't seem to be able to handle pdfs on the PC emulator. I usually try to avoid pdfs anyway but sometimes that's my only option for a given book. I tried installing the pdf plugin thing too but that made no difference. Oh well...