Notices

Old 04-28-2020, 11:23 AM   #1
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question Calibre Regular Expressions and Authors With More Than One Book

Hello:

I'm trying to check authors on my (rather extensive) Calibre library, and I'd like to know what the regular expression would be to list/filter/show ebooks of authors that have more than one ebook (listed on the library, that is).

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Hello:

I'm trying to check authors on my (rather extensive) Calibre library, and I'd like to know what the regular expression would be to list/filter/show ebooks of authors that have more than one ebook (listed on the library, that is).

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]

Just use the tag browser:

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#tag-browser

Quote:
The Tag browser allows you to easily browse your collection by Author/Tags/Series/etc. If you click on any item in the Tag browser, for example the author name Isaac Asimov, then the list of books to the right is restricted to showing books by that author. You can click on category names as well. For example, clicking on “Series” will show you all books in any series.
bernie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-04-28 11-49-34.png
Views:	162
Size:	944.8 KB
ID:	178856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-04-28 11-50-22.png
Views:	160
Size:	485.1 KB
ID:	178857  
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Or check out the Author Book Count plugin
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
A search can look for a count
Code:
Dates and numeric fields support the relational operators = (equals), > (greater than), >= (greater than or equal to), < (less than), <= (less than or equal to), and != (not equal to). Rating fields are considered to be numeric. For example, the search rating:>=3 will find all books rated 3 or higher.

You can search for the number of items in multiple-valued fields such as tags. These searches begin with the character #, then use the same syntax as numeric fields. For example, to find all books with more than 4 tags use tags:#>4. To find all books with exactly 10 tags use tags:#=10.

Series indices are searchable. For the standard series, the search name is ‘series_index’. For custom series columns, use the column search name followed by _index. For example, to search the indices for a custom series column named #my_series, you would use the search name #my_series_index. Series indices are numbers, so you can use the relational operators described above.
The whole manual page is in Help
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui...arch-interface
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #5
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Exclamation Using Calibre's Author Book Count Plugin

Hello:

I've checked de Author Book Count plugin and it does precisely what I needed.

Very grateful,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author, calibre, regular expressions