Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #16
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
What is user agent? Sorry, but I do not know what you mean. I posted the link that was taken from my laptop but also works from my desktop. Are you searching from an Android tablet?
CharlieBird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #17
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
What is user agent? Sorry, but I do not know what you mean. I posted the link that was taken from my laptop but also works from my desktop. Are you searching from an Android tablet?
User agent is how the browser delivers webpages - desktop mode which is how it would look on a pc, android mode which is a mobile webpage, ipad mode, etc. Yes I am on an android tablet, this is a thread for browsers on an android device.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #18
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
This is the first I've encountered user agent/desktop mode. I don't do much browsing on tablets...use mostly for reading books. Using my tablet instead of laptop I came up with this:
http://www.palemoon.org/download-ng.shtml

Let me know if it doesn't works with your tablet.
CharlieBird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:49 AM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I love Chrome. Unfortunately, it turned into a huge, battery-sucking blackhole on my device. After several complete resets and cache wipes, it still refused to play nice with my battery. So it had to go. With it gone, I'm back up to 10-12 hours of average battery life on my Nexus 7 (2013). Whereas WITH Chrome (latest version), I was at 7-9. If they get that under control, I'd switch back to Chrome in a heart-beat.
So that's where my Battery life went! I thought it was Dolphin.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #20
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I discovered Pale Moon on the XDA forums and have been using it for about a month now.

I like it so much that I'm running it on all my devices. It's built on FireFox so it's comfortably familiar, but just seems faster and smoother and I didn't have to give up my favorite extensions. It's enough like FireFox that it may not remedy your closing tabs problem though.
Trying it. It's faster than FF.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #21
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Two big problems with FF is the blurry text that takes too long to resolve (it's text ffs, not a jpg that needs to be download). The other problem is the lack of a way of getting back to the top of the page. Most other browsers I've found have a arrow that does it. In FF, I have to scroll for ages to get there.

Chrome loves to freeze on page.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #22
Rizla
Member Retired

Pale Moon is based on FF but the creators have removed all of FF's faults. Best one Ive foind.