Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #61
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I just checked the sequel. OHMYGOSH, that is one of the ugliest covers I've ever set eyes on. Ick. Good thing I already know the book is likely to be good.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #62
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I also found Texas Rose by Patricia Rice on sale for $2.99. This is the same as Paper Roses which was on sale for 99 cents last Christmas. The formatting has been fixed so I bought it again seeing her books are usually 4.99 and I'm patiently collecting the series as they are discounted. The first in the series Texas Lily was a freebie a couple weeks back. It's on sale for 99 cents if you missed out on it being free. These are historical western romances. My Favorite.
I'm reading Lily right now and enjoying it enough that I bought Rose already. You know, just in case it goes off sale before I finish.

I also recently read the Improper Sophie Valentine book that was a DANL pick last month and am quite pleased that I used a credit for it. The next book in the series (due in 2013) features the "villain" from this book, and I'm curious to see how she'll turn him into a more sympathetic character. Not that he was particularly evil, just, well, annoying. I found the writing lyrical and really enjoyed her use of bird imagery throughout.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #63
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
This was posted in the July freebies thread and is free again (check your files, as I have this from December 2011).

Just in case anyone missed it:

Making the Rules by Doranna Durgin
"Making the Rules is an original, stand-alone book in the former Silhouette Bombshell Hunter Agency series of action, suspense, and romance."
a backlist book
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #64
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Here are 2 more FREE (they may be repeats, but are new to me):

(1)The Reiver - 8,500 words - Jackie Barbosa (Amazon), (Kobo-DRM-free), (Smashwords)

Quote:
Description:

This short story (8,500 words or 25-30 pages, depending on your ereader) was originally published in the Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance. Excerpts from Carnally Ever After and The Lesson Plan, also by Jackie Barbosa, are included at the end.

Duncan Maxwell, laird of Lochmorton Castle, gets the shock of his life when he discovers the reiver captured in a raid on his lands is not a boy, but a young woman. Although she flatly refuses to tell him her name or how she came to be riding with a raiding party, Duncan cannot countenance imprisoning a woman in his dungeon but neither can he release her without compensation. Unable to ransom her back to her family, he treats her as an honored—though exceptionally well-supervised—guest. He takes to calling her Reva and determines to seduce the truth of her identity from her. There’s just one problem—the reiver may steal his heart before he can reveal her secrets.
(2)Twelfth Night - Jackie Barbosa and Various Authors

--(Kobo-DRM-free), (Smashwords)
Quote:
Description:
Join twelve wicked authors for twelve wicked stories about laughter, love, and lust during the holiday season.

Info. from a Review on Smashwords:

Christmas Spice by Anna Leigh Keaton: This was an awesome naughty little fantasy read.

A Perfect Fit by Lacy Danes: Definitely an erotic teaser.

The Best Santa Ever by Katie Allen: An adorable Christmas story.

Stroking Midnight by Raine Weaver: Love a mysterious man who knows every carnal thought you may have and sending all the erotic dreams you experience.

Ghost of Christmas Second Chance by Amy Ruttan: Awwwwwww… a very sweet romantic story.

Holiday Traditions by Christine D’Abo: A delightful sci-fi with a Christmasy theme with some spanking thrown in for good measure.

Three’s a Charm by TJ Michaels: A nice little sci-fi ménage with a touch of fae magic.

Wicked Resolutions by Karen Erickson: An old fashioned sweet romantic story.

Light My Fire by Alisha Rai: Another delightful fantasy read…role playing is so hot!

Epiphany by Jackie Barbosa: A beautiful tale of a couples’ romance after their first child.

All I Want for Christmas by Emma Petersen: A compelling sultry paranormal.

Wherever You Are by Amie Stuart: A nice family story.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
What about the "Naked Werewolf" ones? Different wolrd?
(Blossom always has the inside scoop!)
The werewolf books are not connected. They are in a different universe. I own them because I like funny paranormals. My first was Lynsay Sands vampire books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post

I got that the "novella" was in the same world. (I don't know why they call it a novella. Most novellas are under 20k words and this is way longer than that.) But I didn't know it was the start of a series. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I'm not a huge series reader, but I do like the funny series now and then.

Have any of y'all read the Lexi Carmichael series? It's by...uh. No One to Trust is the second...dang it. Julie Moffett! I don't think the "romance" gets going until the second book (there's a novella, a first and a second novel.) But if you like Molly Harper's quirky, you might like Moffet's style. I thought they were a lot of fun. I'm hoping she writes a third, or fourth depending on your viewpoint of novellas.
I have the Julie Moffett books but have not read them yet. I forget who here recommended them. I too think of novella's under 20,000 words. I agree the cover is not one of her best.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-05-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #67
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
The werewolf books are not connected. They are in a different universe. I own them because I like funny paranormals. My first was Lynsay Sands vampire books.
After Anne Rice, Lynsay Sands (The Argeneau Family) were my next vampire books. Even though I only read the first few in the series, they were more fun. Then I was given the MaryJanice Davidson pbooks for the The Undead-Betsy series and began on those. Light, fun, quick reads.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #68
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
I'm reading Lily right now and enjoying it enough that I bought Rose already. You know, just in case it goes off sale before I finish.
I hope by the time I read them that I'll have the entire series.
This year is just not a year for reading historical romance for me. I don't know why but I just been reading books set in a modern setting.

Quote:
I also recently read the Improper Sophie Valentine book that was a DANL pick last month and am quite pleased that I used a credit for it. The next book in the series (due in 2013) features the "villain" from this book, and I'm curious to see how she'll turn him into a more sympathetic character. Not that he was particularly evil, just, well, annoying. I found the writing lyrical and really enjoyed her use of bird imagery throughout.

I was reading a series that is like that where the villain is later the hero. I haven't started the book because it's a historical but if you haven't read it yet you might want to check out Karen Hawkins' Abducted series. I love the authors books and own them all except her teen book which is hard to find.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #69
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors 1) by Sue-Ellen Welfonder
is on Sale for $2.99.
This is a Agency book so it should be available at most estores.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #70
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
I hope by the time I read them that I'll have the entire series.
I am just past 50% in and comparing the people I've met thus far to the people in the descriptions for the rest of the series, you can read them out of order. I think they are just connected by theme. By the by, the negative review at Amazon is spot-on and I was compelled to make a comment on it. The one particular scene mentioned was pretty, uh, awful, but the rest has been very good.

Quote:
This year is just not a year for reading historical romance for me. I don't know why but I just been reading books set in a modern setting.
It's funny, I've been the complete opposite this year and last. I have been reading historicals almost exclusively, when in years past I'd read a little bit of everything. I've picked up some contemporary freebies, but send 'em directly to my archive to read later.

Quote:
I was reading a series that is like that where the villain is later the hero. I haven't started the book because it's a historical but if you haven't read it yet you might want to check out Karen Hawkins' Abducted series. I love the authors books and own them all except her teen book which is hard to find.
I love Karen Hawkins! I've read one here and there, but decided to go back and start at the beginning and read everything in order. I think I finally have them all; if not, I'm pretty close. I need to finish getting them into Calibre. On her website, she says she re-wrote her first novel to tie it into two of her series. I'll be reading them soon, but not sure when. I've completed collecting a few other series (one by Suzanne Enoch) and haven't decided which direction to go yet.

P.S. I follow her on Facebook and she is a hoot! She recently bought an antique trunk at an estate sale and had a very big drama about trying to open it and find out what was inside, that was very funny. She also posts lots of pictures of handsome men in kilts.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #71
pisceschick
Addict

I just checked in to iTunes and noticed some new freebies. I'll include the Amazon link, for price reporting if anyone is so inclined...

A Hint of Rapture by Miriam Minger (iTunes / Amazon), repeat freebie

Texas Outlaw by by Adrienne deWolfe (iTunes / Amazon)

In the Marshal's Arms by Emma Jay (iTuens / Amazon), DRM-free
Old 08-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #72
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I love Karen Hawkins! I've read one here and there, but decided to go back and start at the beginning and read everything in order. I think I finally have them all; if not, I'm pretty close. I need to finish getting them into Calibre. On her website, she says she re-wrote her first novel to tie it into two of her series. I'll be reading them soon, but not sure when. I've completed collecting a few other series (one by Suzanne Enoch) and haven't decided which direction to go yet.

P.S. I follow her on Facebook and she is a hoot! She recently bought an antique trunk at an estate sale and had a very big drama about trying to open it and find out what was inside, that was very funny. She also posts lots of pictures of handsome men in kilts.
I follow her on Facebook too! Today she was talking about meeting Hot Cop and asked how we met our guys. I replied with my story. The trunk was great! I spit out my drinks with the "drawers" comment. She's great!

The books I am talking about are Just three. Abduction of Julia, A Belated Bride and Seduction of Sara. The last one has the villain in it from book one. The hero in book one is a distant cousin of the Maclean brothers but other then that book one isn't really connected, Book three the heroine Sara her brothers are the heroes in the Tailsmen series.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 AM   #73
pisceschick
Addict

Quote:
The books I am talking about are Just three. Abduction of Julia, A Belated Bride and Seduction of Sara. The last one has the villain in it from book one. The hero in book one is a distant cousin of the Maclean brothers but other then that book one isn't really connected, Book three the heroine Sara her brothers are the heroes in the Tailsmen series.
Oh, well good! Cuz that's one of the sets I've recently completed. I picked up the Sara book during last month's seduction sale.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #74
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I got A Lady Can Never be Too Curious by Mary Wine with my DANL credit this month. And I had to get the second ML Buchman book too. It was $3.15.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #75
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Ellora's Cave Blush Freebie

Damien's Destiny (Songs of the Mages, Book One) by Jean Hart Stewart.

Quote:
Blush: This is a suggestive romance (love scenes are not graphic)

Songs of the Mages, Book One

Damien is a mage, inheriting from Merlin the potential for enchantment and wizardry. When he rescues Toria from drowning herself, Damien knows she claims a special place in his heart. He will need all his abilities to help Toria overcome her fear of being touched by any man after she was raped by her guardian. He hides her in a school for girls until she is of age, and then brings her to Tregaron, his home as Earl of Sinclair.

Toria’s lecherous guardian, Baron Heath, continues to stalk her. Damien must summon all his capabilities to protect her. As he tries to safeguard her life, the battle to conquer her fear of men looms ever more difficult. Damien refuses to influence her thinking with his extraordinary powers. Will he be able to triumph, save her from the wicked baron and finally claim Toria as his destiny?
Other books in the series are just $1.49.