Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #136
KoviRobi
KoviRobi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G Keyboard
I believe only background colours are handled, while Zazen uses foreground colours, while myts does not support them, see images posted on post #124. I don't have much experience with coding and don't know how to add foreground colours, but from what I gather from the source code, the problem is that 'pix_blt' only considers background colours.
KoviRobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #137
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoviRobi View Post
I believe only background colours are handled,
yes that what seems to be the case... I wonder why only background color is taken in consideration, and wonder if it's a kindle limitation more than a myts limitation.
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 05:49 AM   #138
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I don't think so. The screen does as it is told.

Matan would know best.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:24 AM   #139
Weexe
Weexe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
ESC --- Left>

What does that mean ?
Because i'm in Vi an try to save the document.
Weexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #140
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
The button on the left side of the device, featuring an arrow that points to the right, i.e. the "page forward" button.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2014, 04:58 AM   #141
Ande
Ande began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3W
Hello!

Can anyone tell me how can I change the cursor shape from block to underscore?
Ande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #142
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weexe View Post
ESC --- Left>

What does that mean ?
Ah, yeah, I have read that one in someone's signature:

"I have been using VI for ten years, because I can't find the 'exit' command."
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:49 AM   #143
Nihli
Nihli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi!

Can you tell me which directory myts use as HOME? I'm a linux noob and I would like to find it, yet find command doesn't find the files I need.
Nihli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #144
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
I am encountering some strange behavior with ping in myts. I see a single response to ping and then things hang until I hit ctl-c, which then shows statistics indicating a single ping was done and responded to. Anyone else see this? How can it be fixed to work properly?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #145
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I am encountering some strange behavior with ping in myts. I see a single response to ping and then things hang until I hit ctl-c, which then shows statistics indicating a single ping was done and responded to. Anyone else see this? How can it be fixed to work properly?

Dave
Double posting is **EVIL**
and against the site guidelines.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #146
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Double posting is **EVIL**
and against the site guidelines.
My apologies, I realized after the first post that I had done so in the wrong thread! Please feel free to delete the other post, I am unsure if I have the capability to do so.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:48 AM   #147
Jan Steinman
Ecovillage founderer
Jan Steinman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
KAUL menu for myts

Here is a launch menu for myts in KAUL.

Here are the steps, although the enclosed archive will create the proper directory for you. Unpack and move extensions/myts into your ~/extensions directory.

1) created ~/extensions/myts directory (actually, copied and modified another working KAUL extension),

2) added the following in config.xml:
Spoiler:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<extension>
<information>
<name>MyTS</name>
<version>0.0</version>
<author>Matan</author>
<id>helper</id>
</information>
<menus>
<menu type="json" dynamic="true">menu.json</menu>
</menus>
</extension>

3) added the following in menu.json:
Spoiler:
{
"items": [
{
"name": "MyTS",
"priority": 0,
"items": [
{"name": "Start Term 1", "priority": 1, "action": "/mnt/us/myts/myts.sh", "params": "1"},
{"name": "Start Term 2", "priority": 2, "action": "/mnt/us/myts/myts.sh", "params": "2"},
{"name": "Start Term 3", "priority": 3, "action": "/mnt/us/myts/myts.sh", "params": "3"},
{"name": "Kill Zombies", "priority": 9, "action": "/mnt/us/myts/myts.sh", "params": "kill"}
]
}
]
}

I also have a profile that cats the keybindings as soon as myts starts, if anyone's interested.

This is tested on a DXG/2.8.5. Should work everywhere KAUL does.
Attached Files
File Type: zip myts KAUL menu.zip (4.3 KB, 260 views)
Jan Steinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:54 PM   #148
dty321
dty321 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weexe View Post
ESC --- Left>

What does that mean ?
I have this problem too. I have a dxg, there is no Left> only a Right>/<

How do I get VI out of insert mode?
dty321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:51 AM   #149
knc1
Going Viral

Right!
I suppose next you will want to know how to exit VI.

- - - - -

That is one of the secrets to the large VI user base -
once you get into the program, nobody ever gets out again.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:15 AM   #150
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
What keyboard are you using for DX(G)?
The one by dpavlin doesn't work properly. BACK key and BACK+characters doesn't work for me.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote