Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #106
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
I'd be willing to give it a shot, but we don't really have a recovery mode to work with. We'd need a piece of software that made an *.img file without booting into recovery.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #107
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I rushed my prev post in. yaffs expert from the market is able to create images of every mtd partition on your device. just install it from the market and do each partition one by one (under backup) appart from larger data partition 2.5 gb, please save them with the name of each mount. if you have ermine, will let me do it one by one, i hope I will recover my menu . rotate update. many thanks. I can use same program to restore or the flash_image from adb shell.

Last edited by vicinc; 06-20-2011 at 05:36 PM.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #108
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

just checked. my pocket edge is showing under edge preferences: serial number: bad serial. SKU bad sku. CMS key not initialised. I think this is the cause of not updating. if the serial is checked or the sku during the rotate /menu boot up? does anybody know how to write those and where could I find a good serial and sku (not that matter now that the entourage is gone?)
Old 06-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #109
vicinc
Guru

I think I am doing a progress on my own educating in android fs and others. identified the partitions and content, I may have a recovery boot soon, of course if community is interested.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #110
Dumas
Connoisseur
Dumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enough

Device: Nokia N810, enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe
I've been monitoring your progress and it looks good. I'm sure everyone else will be interested to see what you can come up with.
Dumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #111
2heartale
2heartale began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
It worked, it's alive!

I finally got the ermine update to my edge. It stopped at the 4 dots and the ereader side saying initialize. I couldn't turn it off and was starting to panic. Decided to go for broke and just pushed the reset button. It turned off, I removed the flash drive and restarted it. It booted up, the ermine was installed and my couple of apps were still there!! Yippee!! Hope this helps.
2heartale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #112
vicinc
Guru

no it did not dif prob
Old 07-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #113
tommyvan1
tommyvan1 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage PE
Calendar restore

I had a problem with my PE. Every app gave an error that said {stopped unexpectedly force close}blah blah. So I side transfered the Edge folder to my PC. then I switched my the storage from Internal storage to SDCard after reading through many forum posts. Then I did a factory restore. It booted up fine just like the day I bought it. All I am interested in is restoring the data to the calendar. I thought that if I did a restore library from the stored .esi file I would be in good shape but it didn't work. How do I or can I get my calendar data back.
tommyvan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:40 AM   #114
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome to MobileRead, tommyvan! . . . Although it seems you've been lurking for a while!

Your calendar question is a tough one. I don't have an answer (sorry ), but if no-one responds you might start a new thread asking about restoring the calendar. There are enough threads/posts here now that your request might otherwise get lost.

I really hope there is a way for you to get your data back!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote