Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Bookpossum Vote • October 2013, Multiple Choice
Eucalyptus by Murray Bail 5 35.71%
Lantana Lane by Eleanor Dark 5 35.71%
Death of a River Guide by Richard Flanagan 5 35.71%
All That I Am by Anna Funder 6 42.86%
The Secret River by Kate Grenville 9 64.29%
Remembering Babylon by David Malouf 6 42.86%
Timepieces by Drusilla Modjeska 2 14.29%
Cloudstreet by Tim Winton 5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2013, 02:20 AM   #46
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I have read Picnic at Hanging Rock and enjoyed it, and I loved the film - absolutely beautiful. It was one of the films that kick-started the renaissance of the Australian film industry, and holds a special place because of that.

How interesting that you have those connections to the school and to Hanging Rock, Caleb. I think the book needs to get onto your reading challenge list!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #47
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
[QUOTE=caleb72;2646708]Me too. I have quite a history with that place. My father taught in the school the girls came from and I shared a house with one of the founders of the current iteration of that school. My family used to go there and I always had the romantic notion of finding some amazing secret there.

I live quite near Hanging Rock now and I still love to go there and to Mount Macedon (where the school is). I don't think the place will ever lose its appeal to me.[\QUOTE]

i read the book and I think this story was quite an inspiration for some English mystery writers, though I can't remember who exactly.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert