Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Another ePub does not display correctly.

I have another ePub that does not display correctly in EPUBReader but does display properly in ADE and Lucifox. It is Strange Attractors by Jeffrey A. Carver, which is available at:

http://www.starrigger.net/Downloads.htm
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KjellM View Post
I have another ePub that does not display correctly in EPUBReader but does display properly in ADE and Lucifox. It is Strange Attractors by Jeffrey A. Carver, which is available at:

Interesting.
SVG drop image.
EPUB Reader overwrites other text and failed to reserve space for the Image.

Sigil saved the space, but no image was displayed.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:

Hi KjellM,

I've analyzed the file:
  • Coverimage is not displayed on coverpage
    An SVG tag is used for the coverimage, but a jpeg image file is referenced, that's the reason why the image is not displayed. I don't know what the definition of the SVG tag says about this, but this combination doesn't make sense. Either it should be used a SVG-image or the SVG-tag should be replaced by a simple IMG-tag.

• SVG images are not displayed/text overlapped
    The reason for this is, that EPUBReader disables plugins for security reasons. Firefox uses obviously a plugin to display SVG-images, that's the reason why they are not displayed. It seems to be that Firefox has some problems when the images are not displayed and overlaps the text.
    In the next EPUBReader version I'll add the possibility to enable plugins via preferences.

• Narrow text
    On several pages (e.g. chapter 1) some very narrow text is displayed. This is caused because in these cases the SPAN tag is used the wrong way:
    Code:
    <span class="hairspace"/>
    According W3C (http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/guidelines.html#C_3) the minimized form should not be used for elements with content. Instead it should look like this:
    Code:
    <span class="hairspace"></span>
    Obviously Firefox has problems if it's used the wrong way.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
mikelv: thanks for the help, using your suggestions I was able fix the epub so the cover shows and the narrow columns of test are fixed. However, I still get some overlapping text at the start of chapters.
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:43 AM   #5
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
mikelv: thanks for the help, using your suggestions I was able fix the epub so the cover shows and the narrow columns of test are fixed. However, I still get some overlapping text at the start of chapters.
Okay great !

Yes, the overlapping text is caused, because EPUBReader disables plugins for security reasons. Firefox uses a plugin to display SVG images and has obviously some problems when plugins are disabled. In the next EPUBReader version it will be possible to enable plugins.

If you would use PNG/JPG images instead of SVG, the problem would not occurr.
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 04:15 AM   #6
katherine
Banned
katherine began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
SVG images are not displayed/text overlapped.....
katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:03 AM   #7
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine View Post
SVG images are not displayed/text overlapped.....
Yes, I know. Please check my explanation here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...56&postcount=3
Old 07-16-2010, 03:31 AM   #8
katherine
Banned
katherine began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
Yes, I know. Please check my explanation here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...56&postcount=3
katherine is offline   Reply With Quote