Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 07:28 AM   #31
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
Well, after fooling around with all three I have to say I really prefer goodreads.
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #32
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'm on Goodreads and I think I drive my friends crazy because now they can see how quickly I finish books.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #33
VDR928
VDR928 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I am on Goodreads but I am actually just starting to read! My kids (all 5 of them) are almost grown (one almost 17-yr-old son left at home) and I am really just now planning to start taking time to actually read! I am so excited to actually take some time for myself! I guess I don't have many books to transfer or list, anyway! Now for a pressing question.. Which ONE book would YOU say to read? I have to start someplace!
VDR928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #34
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDR928 View Post
I am on Goodreads but I am actually just starting to read! My kids (all 5 of them) are almost grown (one almost 17-yr-old son left at home) and I am really just now planning to start taking time to actually read! I am so excited to actually take some time for myself! I guess I don't have many books to transfer or list, anyway! Now for a pressing question.. Which ONE book would YOU say to read? I have to start someplace!
Oh goodness I have no idea. I'm pretty hooked on the Dresden Files series right now. First book is called Storm Front, and they are written by Jim Butcher.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #35
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Heh.. Yeah, I think I made a post about it a while back. Sorry! :grins:

I've actually been pretty bad about keeping it updated lately. Also, the social aspects really require some massaging to make use of.

I really like it... just haven't quite figured out how to leverage it towards something useful for me. I use Bookpedia on my computer to catalog my books and an Amazon Wishlist to keep track of what I want so....

But there's something there, I'm sure of it!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #36
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Have been using LibraryThing for the last 5 months to record my books. Knew about Good Reads and had previously setup an account but never added books. Plan to do an import of my library to Good Reads and will run parallel libraries for a time to compare the two.

It just finished uploading the text delimited file from LibraryThing and all looks ok. Just need to separate books into bookshelves (tags according to LT).
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #37
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Oh gosh you guys are going to save me so much money! I got my Kindle, found this place, made a post or two, dissapeared to the mountains to teach skiing, promptly racked up about 1500 in Kindle book purchases from Amazon! I wish I had known all this earlier!

Ah well! Chalk it up to life experience!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #38
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think all of you are asking for it

How many people are on mobileread and goodreads? I'm wondering if a group should be made there...

I just joined Goodreads last night. Still don't know how the site works yet though.

my username should be Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #39
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Which ONE book would YOU say to read? I have to start someplace!
Wow... do you at least have a genre that you think you might like?

Mystery, Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, Thriller, etc?

If you at least narrow it down to that....

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #40
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I haven't tried goodreads yet... but one thing I really like about librarything is that I can look at the series information to see what books I am missing. One big example is the Star Trek books. There are so many of them, and so many series. Now, it is a simple matter of looking at the list and seeing which ones I haven't read.

The other thing is tags (which I assume goodreads does). But now as I add books (I only add READ books) I create a tag for the month/year that I read it. So, I will be able to see when I read any book or what books I read at that time. Of course, I only have tags going back to aug08 since that is what I really started using LT.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #41
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Pretty hard to say not knowing your interests. Why not start with a classic, maybe Pride & Prejudice. Harry did an outstanding job on the version you can download for free here on MR.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #42
akwant
closed
akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ---
last time I visited Goodreads the first thing I saw was the Best Books corner and “Twilight” by Stephenie Meyer. And the best book ever was something about Mormons.

Well, I don’t care for both and decided that such people can’t give me any useful recommendations. I think all the services are very much American centred, well nothing wrong with it, just not my cup of tea.
akwant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #43
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwant View Post
last time I visited Goodreads the first thing I saw was the Best Books corner and “Twilight” by Stephenie Meyer. And the best book ever was something about Mormons.

Well, I don’t care for both and decided that such people can’t give me any useful recommendations. I think all the services are very much American centred, well nothing wrong with it, just not my cup of tea.
If it makes you feel better, Twilight is also on the Worst books ever.

Those lists are user voted.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #44
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
As far as I know, there isn't a line waiting to beat on me...

I spend too much time here to inventory all my books, so I'm just going to pass.

Probably not, now I'm curious.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #45
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
As far as I know, there isn't a line waiting to beat on me...

I spend too much time here to inventory all my books, so I'm just going to pass.

Proably not, now I'm curious.