Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
How to get a recently bought Kobo book into Calibre for reading

I have just recently bought a book from the Kobo website. I downloaded it right into the Kobo e-reader library interface. I have also, already downloaded "Adobe Digital Editions."

I have forgotten the procedure on how to get the book that I purchased from Kobo into the Adobe Digital Editions interface so I can then, from there, put it into my Calibre where I would prefer to read it.

Can anybody give me a re-cap on how to do this please?

Thank you

HB
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
When you buy a book from Kobo, in most cases, you will get a button on the website besides the book "Adobe DRM ePub".

Click on this, and it will download an ACSM file, that when opened will launch ADE and download the actual ePub with it.

This ePub will contain DRM, and while it can be added to Calibre as is, you will not be able to read or modify the book within Calibre.

Discussions of how to remove the DRM are not allowed here, but we can say look for "Apprentice Alf".
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
Thanks for reminding me Peter. That's what I needed to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Discussions of how to remove the DRM are not allowed here, but we can say look for "Apprentice Alf".
I already know about the plug-ins thank you and I can read the book in question from the Calibre interface now :-).

HB
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote