Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your current situation?
I escaped and stayed out 3 10.71%
I escaped and came back of my own accord 6 21.43%
I escaped and they dragged me back 4 14.29%
I would have escaped but the laddy by the door did not have change for a $10 bill 4 14.29%
I went fishing 3 10.71%
The blue one next to the fish hypnotized me 10 35.71%
I never tried to escape 4 14.29%
I escaped but came back for the chocolate 9 32.14%
I want to escape but do not have enough box tops saved 7 25.00%
I am still here waiting for the download to complete 6 21.43%
I am not here, I have never been here, and I will never be here in the future. 8 28.57%
I have been living at Marc's house the whole time 3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #16
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
"I think I'm out but they always pull me back in!!"
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have expanded the poll by two responses in reaction to Sweetpea's comments and Marc's guest room policies.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #18
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So far fish hypnotism and chocolate are the leading suspects.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:05 AM   #19
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I have expanded the poll by two responses in reaction to Sweetpea's comments and Marc's guest room policies.
Someone's in my guest room? I thought I had rats in the walls! Who is it? I'll get them a drink and stop bashing on the wall with the broadsword.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:15 AM   #20
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Someone's in my guest room? I thought I had rats in the walls! Who is it? I'll get them a drink and stop bashing on the wall with the broadsword.

Cheers,
Marc

you mean you did not know ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:25 AM   #21
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
you mean you did not know ....
People shoot through my place like corn through a colon. Stay-bies, surprisingly, are quite rare. If they're gonna hang around, I'd like to make them feel at home (I assume that they too live in an odd mix of Shangri-la, Xanadu (both Kublai Khan's beach shack and the movie musical), and the universe's biggest funland ball-pit bar for adults).

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 02-22-2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: )
Old 02-22-2009, 06:27 AM   #22
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmmmmm......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #23
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Just to keep with my previous policy on multiple choice votes (except those run by DG), I voted for all of them
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #24
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
y'all need to slowly back away from the blue fishies.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #25
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
y'all need to slowly back away from the blue fishies.
It's a trick, you see? The fish aren't blue - it's the blue one next to the fish you've got to worry about while backing away from the perfectly pacific piscis.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 02-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #26
RWood
Technogeezer

For the sake of good order, option #2 means that you escaped and came back of your own free will. It does not mean that you drove back in your own Honda Accord.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #27
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
For the sake of good order, option #2 means that you escaped and came back of your own free will. It does not mean that you drove back in your own Honda Accord.
I thought the "of" was a typo and you meant to put "in", with the assumption that the Honda Accord in question was sentient and drove you back here by itself...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #28
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I thought the "of" was a typo and you meant to put "in", with the assumption that the Honda Accord in question was sentient and drove you back here by itself...
The Honda Accord Lucide 9000?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #29
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I escaped noticing this poll, until now.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:49 AM   #30
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I've always looked upon her as the "Responsible Adult" ....
I am older than DG, then why do I think the same as you do?
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote