Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
jforner
jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Downloading Personal Documents?

I've uploaded a bunch of personal documents to my Kindle library on amazon.com through the "Send to Kindle" app.

I don't, however, have the ability to download them.
I was kind of wishing it acted as a storage place for my stuff so -- if I ever lose any of my personal PDFs and MOBIs -- I could download them again.

Not possible?
jforner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
When I have used the "send to kindle" app, the files appeared under Manage Your Kindle on my Amazon account, and I was able to download them to other devices.

How are you trying to download them?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

What pidgeon said, plus when you use the Send to Kindle app you have the option to select to which devices you would like to send the books/docs. They are automatically stored in the Cloud too. You have to have a Kindle device or app or the Cloud Viewer (name?) to view the books/docs. If by chance you do not have a Kindle device or app, you can install one on most devices.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
jforner
jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jforner knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Hey guys,

Thanks for the answers. What I really mean is being able to redownload them to a computer. You see, I often have MOBI files on my Mac that I upload via the Send to Kindle app and download to my Kindle and apps. Yay! But then, a month later, I want the mobi file again to -- perhaps -- convert to ePub. Woops, I can't find it on my Mac.

Would be great to redownload it from the personal documents section on Amazon.com.
Get what I mean?
jforner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Yes, I understand what you mean. Make sure you have "Archive document in your Kindle library" checked in the Send to Kindle app.

Then you can download your docs from the Manage Your Kindle page on your Amazon account. Everything you upload will be listed there. You can even restrict the view to Personal Documents.

I don't know if you are using Calibre, but it's great for storing and cataloging ebooks on your Mac so you can locate them easily.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 12-26-2012 at 05:06 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote