Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 01:30 AM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
epub validation missing errors

The validation is not working properly and missing errors.

An example of an error it missed:
ERROR: 9781612103488.epub/index_split_000.xhtml(9): element "p" not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element "base", "link", "meta", "script" or "style"

When run the validation in Sigil it comes up error free.

I am running Windows and using V 0.4.0

Ideas or suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
The validation is not working properly and missing errors.

An example of an error it missed:
ERROR: 9781612103488.epub/index_split_000.xhtml(9): element "p" not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element "base", "link", "meta", "script" or "style"

When run the validation in Sigil it comes up error free.

I am running Windows and using V 0.4.0

Ideas or suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Amy
From the looks of the message: (the source was not included) I would say that you have you have a <p tag (line 9) before the <Body> or one of the headers tags was not closed properly . Line 9 is where the error became apparent, not necessarily the line with the error.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
From the looks of the message: (the source was not included) I would say that you have you have a <p tag (line 9) before the <Body> or one of the headers tags was not closed properly . Line 9 is where the error became apparent, not necessarily the line with the error.
I don't think the original poster is asking how to fix the error in his ePub file, but how to fix the error in Sigil's ePub validator which caused it to miss the error in the ePub.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try the standalone FlightCrew. I think there are some cases where the validation misses stuff in the all-in-one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't think the original poster is asking how to fix the error in his ePub file, but how to fix the error in Sigil's ePub validator which caused it to miss the error in the ePub.
You may be right.
Then the proper response would : 'Submit a Bug report. attach the file that causes the problem' This is not a user operational error.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #6
LGN
Connoisseur
LGN is on a distinguished road

Device: ProMedia eReader, Sony PRS-600
Usually I do a final check after Sigil using a batch script that checks using FlightCrew, EpubCheck and EpubPreflight. I hope i would catch any remaining issues the ePUB might have. Just to be sure.
LGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #7
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
error

Yes I did fix the error, I was just curious why it was occurring in the first place.

It has not been a problem in the past, but last few epub files have come up with errors that are not being caught by Sigils epub check.

So I suppose submitting a bug would be the next step.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #8
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
If you expect your epub validator to catch every single validation issue imaginable, then I'm sorry, it's not possible to build one.

But we can try to perfect the ones that are available. So report the issue on the FlightCrew tracker and attach the epub.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote