Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Bartos88
Bartos88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
E-reader with screen light but without touchscreen

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new E-reader with a screen light like the Kindle Paperwite. But I would prefer one without a touchscreen, so I can hold it more comfortably with my fingers on the screen. Are there good E-readers out there that have a screen light and no touchscreen?
Bartos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
No such animal. If a reader is advanced enough to have a front light, it will only be in touchscreen.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
Bartos88

That's too bad. I guess I will go for the Kindle PW2 then
Old 12-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Only Nook Simple Touch & Nook Simple Touch GlowLight have physical page turn buttons so you don't have to use touch the screen.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook/379003208
KayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:07 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post
Only Nook Simple Touch & Nook Simple Touch GlowLight have physical page turn buttons so you don't have to use touch the screen.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook/379003208
True, but not what the user was asking for. The user specifically did not want a touchscreen, so they could rest their fingers on the screen. The Glolight has a touchscreen, even though it also has page turn buttons.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Bartos88

Yeah, I don't mind touching the screen to turn pages. I would love it if they made one with touchscreen and pageturn buttons and a switch to toggle the touchscreen on and off, so you can enable it for the UI and disable it when acutally reading

Tags
advice, ereader, light, screenlight