Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Favorite Browsers

I've gone through quite a few browsers from the Android Market, each one has their own strength, but in the end I find I'm using one browser the large majority of the time

What is your favotre browser what are the pro/cons.

For me I really like Firefox, it has the best rendering engine and the one I go to with troublesome sites, but it's engine is slow. And is the only browser that can actually crash my tablet(nook). Also text reflow does not work on my nook. Oddly enough it works fine on my phone.

Dophin is great, but the tab limit and the huge tabs are clunky to use.

Opera just seems to be the most polished, it's quick, the UI is optimized for small screens, though FF is still better, has unlimited tabs and reflows/zooms excellently.

Oddly enough Opera was my lest favorite a year ago, but it seems with all of the advancements Opera has made it is my favorite browser. Dophin has released a new browser today maybe the tides might change again.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've only used the stock browser and Dolphin HD, of those I usually prefer Dolphin, but I really don't surf much for long periods on my phone, just do quick searchs/lookups. I'm sure that'll change when I get a Honeycomb tablet (looking at the Asus and the upcomin Samsung).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I found a browser that doesn't have much press called "NetFront Life" that I really like on my SGT. I don't use it on my EVO 4G though.

It has some pretty slick integration with EverNote.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I generally use Dolphin. The tab limit doesn't bother me, as I rarely have more than 3 tabs open at the most, and that usually only happens when I go on a wiki-chain and find myself going deeper into some subject I'm reading about. That, and the function that Dolphin had to download youtube videos to SD card is great for silly videos to entertain the kid with on trips.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I mostly use Dolphin mini right now. I also have Opera Mini installed. I don't do a ton of mobile browsing.

The stock browser actually doesn't function on my current hacked build, so I've never used it.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I am really pleased with Miren. I tried Opera, Firefox and the stock browser and Miren is much better.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
I am really pleased with Miren. I tried Opera, Firefox and the stock browser and Miren is much better.
i prefer miren on devices that don't have honeycomb. on hc i love the stock browser. miren seems to crash on hc any time i click on a bookmark or history.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had no idea there were so many browsers out there for Android. Miren looks good, though I'm using Opera Mini for now because of the speed. I'm also looking at Dolphin and xScope and Firefox.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I've never heard of miren, I'll have to give it a try thx.

What kind of speed issues are you talking about? I've noticed Opera Mobile is much faster and renders better than Mini on 3G speeds, on 2G Mini is much faster.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #10
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm talking on wifi. Mini seems faster. I'll have to run them against the same site and see if it's as fast as I thought it was.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
Richard443
Member Retired
Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I read a review about five android browsers and Miuren came out first. It took me about an hour to get lt loaded onto my Pocket PC. I have now been using it two hours or so and it seems to me to be very fast as compared Opera mini. It has embedded flash and utube works with no jitter. Gmail works like my desktop-meaning I have thy archive function rather then delete. It has tabs but not quit sure how to use them.

On the con size it may hiccup once in awhile or it may be operator error.

I have to figure out if I have the latest version and maybe a video showing how it operates.

Last edited by Richard443; 06-23-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Text errors.
Richard443 is offline   Reply With Quote