Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #31
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Ack, I won't be able to get an update out tonight afterall. I've redone the options dialog and started an override dialog for one time settings, but don't have time to finish it tonight. And I'll be out of town all weekend, but I'll try to finish it up and add the new "add to db option" Monday when I get home.
beowulf573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #32
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Ok, I lied, I got an hour to work over breakfast. I did a quick update that has a new options dialog and better behind the scenes code. You can now right click (or whatever on a Mac) to get a context menu on the icon. Options brings up the standard dialog, create will let you modify the options before launching web2lrf. Changes made during create are not persisted.

Monday I'll try to flesh out the rest of the available web2lrf options and then start testing in earnest and see about porting to Firefox 3.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #33
dsuden
Connoisseur
dsuden doesn't litterdsuden doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Wow, that is just great...it works like a charm, beowulf573. It's exactly what i pictured...thanks so much for helping bring this to the Sony Reader community! I'm glad you're going to implement the full range of options, and I'm grateful that in the latest version you can access the options by a right-click, while a double-click will launch the conversion with or without confirmation. You've got this thing nailed!

Very cool that you even used an image of the Sony Reader as the icon. :-)
dsuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:47 PM   #34
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf573 View Post
Monday I'll try to flesh out the rest of the available web2lrf options and then start testing in earnest and see about porting to Firefox 3.
I've been following this - a great idea!

Before you worry about Firefox 3 you may want to read this- second paragraph:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...pcworld/146296
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #35
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf573 View Post
Oh, oh, oh! Firefox 3 support, yippee! I'm running FF3B5 (RC1 is not in the Ubuntu repos yet ) on this laptop, and it would be great if you could give us bleeding edge guys some love.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:45 AM   #36
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Whow!! I sure love this pluggin!!

One thing I miss: Is there a way to merge LRF files for books coming in separate chapters?
Can I use Calibre to edit the LRF file and change fonts, add cover, etc?
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #37
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
Can I use Calibre to edit the LRF file and change fonts, add cover, etc?
You can do this with Book Designer.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #38
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Thanx Vall
Never had the need to use it. I'll give it a try.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:51 AM   #39
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
How about a separate thread under 'Reader Content'?

beowulf573, thanks for the great plugin. So far, I have done the conversion using a simple batch file but this plugin makes conversion easier.

I have one suggestion though. Could you provide the more options letting users override the default setting of web2lrf such as
- Author
- Title
- left/right/top/bottom margin?
I think it would be great if users can customize the title/author/margins of the resulting document.

BTW, how about making a separate thread about this plugin under 'Reader content' subforum? I think this program deserves to be there and get stickied.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #40
beowulf573
Addict

Great, I'm glad it's actually working for folks. I needed a small project to divert me away from my "year long never finished it just keeps going" project at work.

I just uploaded another update that has a fleshed out options dialog. It has many more options in a tabbed format, it hides one tab when doing a create for options that are irrelevant, and has a free form edit field for options I didn't include.

I'm going to start looking at Firefox 3 support (mainly because I'm running Ubuntu and need it myself) and a few other things. For the next update I'll start a new thread under Reader Content and link to it here.

Eddie
Old 05-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #41
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Great job on the plugin Eddie, it's great that you got it up and running so quickly.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #42
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
beowulf573,
What are those additional parameters for?
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:26 PM   #43
beowulf573
Addict

The additional parameters field is for anything else you want to stick on the web2lrf command line that I didn't include an option for.

For example, I didn't include an option for keeping the downloaded files, but you can stick this:

Code:
--keep-downloaded-files
into the additional parameter field and it will be added as is to the command line.

I did a quick update over lunch; I forgot to update the version number in a few places so I fixed a few small bugs, updated the localization text, and updated as 0.2.5.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:46 PM   #44
beowulf573
Addict

I've create a new thread for the bookit plugin and put a new release up.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #45
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
the plugin works perfectly here (Linux, fedora fc8 + Firefox 2),
it's a splendid addition!

A couple of questions:

1) I don't understand the difference between "max recursions" and "link levels" in the options

2) in a page I downloaded as a test (Wikitravel for Lyon, http://wikitravel.org/en/Lyon), the text of the links disappears - so that e.g. the text:
"... French language courses are available at Inflexyon, Alliance Francaise, Lyon-Bleu, Ecole Interculturelle de Francais."
is rendered as:
"French language courses are available at , , , ."

Is it possible to keep the links text? I found out it's the same even putting max recursions=1 and link levels=1

bye!

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote