Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Nice Free and Paid eBook Site

Started this tread to show you a nice website that I found (not sure how I got there tho). And it seemed that no one here talked about it (at least I did a search and noting came up) so here it is.

The site in question is BookieJar.

I haven't tested it that much but it seems really cool, at least for Public Domain books, has it has a good bunch of classics. And most of the paid books have samples (I think it's the decision of the author how big is the sample and if it even has or not).

Paid books seem to be all/mostly indies.

The best feature I found it's that it isn't bound to a specific eReader, you can download the file as .ePub or .Mobi, or you can even read on the website itself.

If you notice the logo site it's supposedly still in a beta state, but that must only mean that it's a new site and it may have (but not necessarily) some issues. One thing I noticed is that books have some revisions, but that's a good thing IMO, it means that they or the people that upload the works have some care for quality.

Talking of quality, I can't ensure you of "real life" quality (Still waiting for my Kindle ) but I tried on the Kindle Previewer and it seemed rather nice.

And you have two options to use the site, you can create an account or login with facebook, I found the later easier and quicker

Well let me "hear" what you think of it.

P.S.: Didn't see this one on the Wiki too, so I think it would be a nice addition. And if there is a more suitable category for this tread please move it if necessary.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Looks interesting & I bookmarked it. The books aren't separated by genre so you do have to do some digging. I'll take a closer look at it once I get home tonight. But it does look like a site I'll visit. Thanks
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
The books aren't separated by genre so you do have to do some digging.
On the home page, click on "Viewing All categories". Genres are listed there.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
The name -BookieJar - leaves much to be desired. Instead of thinking about a clever play on words for a jar full reading goodies, my first thought was of nefarious gambling. FWIW
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lol, yeah the name is a bit odd.

As tubemonkey said you have a filter above the books, you can select the category, change if you only want to see the free or only the paid instead of both and a bunch of sorting options.

Happy read
Old 06-02-2011, 03:13 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks, Akuma.

The website looks a bit busy to me, but well worth bookmarking.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaTakeshi View Post
Lol, yeah the name is a bit odd.

As tubemonkey said you have a filter above the books, you can select the category, change if you only want to see the free or only the paid instead of both and a bunch of sorting options.

Happy read
Do you have any commercial (or other) connection with this site?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you have any commercial (or other) connection with this site?
Nope, just found it while searching for good classics. Then I thought I might as well share it with you guys as no one had talked about this one in particular.

Why? Is there any problem with "promoting" sites that I'm not connected to? I'm kinda new to the forum so I wouldn't know for sure
Old 06-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No problem at all with letting people know about interesting sites you've found - in fact thank you for doing so. Unfortunately in the past we have had people trying to promote their own sites without disclosing their connection to them, hence the reason for my question.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #10
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker

Hum, good to know there's no problem with it then

Well I hope people find it useful and if I find some other cool stuff while searching for Kindle stuff and eReaders in general I'll let you all know ^^

Happy reading

Tags
download, ebooks, epub, free, mobi