Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Ah.. Hmm... Update your kindle is Grayed out...

Confuzzled. Will ask Ixtab
It is a signed update package, and we do not have the official amazon signing key, so you need the jailbreak key installed (of course). Download his jailbreak from the same folder. Read his README file in the download folder (and also in his spoiler).

Just follow his instructions. It worked for me.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-27-2012 at 04:25 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #32
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
willdo
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #33
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, duh.

me@dev /usr/local/src $ ssh root@192.168.15.244
ssh: connect to host 192.168.15.244 port 22: Connection refused

If I could ssh in I wouldn't need the ssh kernel.

Chicken and egg.
Now what. lol.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #34
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Export USB and drop the files in. Where is your problem step in ixtab's instructions? They worked for me.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #35
twobob

The part where I run the commands via ssh.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #36
twobob

I cant install update_k5_diags+ssh.bin - the option is grayed out.

I checked my JB (and ran it again for good measure) no change.

The instuctions call for running commands via ssh.

I get CONNECTION REFUSED. ???

stuck

me@dev /usr/local/src $ ssh root@192.168.15.244
Quote:
ssh: connect to host 192.168.15.244 port 22: Connection refused
EDIT: I'll go check the JB - again.

Last edited by twobob; 09-27-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #37
geekmaster

I will need to revisit that. I thought it worked... Maybe it depends on your firmware version being different from mine?

So install diags + ssh with fastboot then.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #38
twobob

okay. that sounds a better option. Sure. thanks mate.

EDIT: I let Niluje know that I have destroyed the JB. oopsy
Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #39
geekmaster

Quote:
okay. that sounds a better option. Sure. thanks mate.

EDIT: I let Niluje know that I have destroyed the JB. oopsy
Does your shiny new K5 have some new firmware that we are not aware of? Either main or diags?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #40
twobob

dunno. its a B011 but I don't think that matters. FW 5.1.2

Maybe I should just flatten it.

What you think.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #41
geekmaster

Quote:
dunno. its a B011 but I don't think that matters. FW 5.1.2

Maybe I should just flatten it.

What you think.
It would be nice to know WHY it does not work, so we can fix it for people who may stumble into your pit some time later.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #42
twobob

well this is true. and I have now CORRECTLY applied the JB (I double double double checked and have done both methods universal and simple.)

no dice. so new puzzle for me - so in the interim I will do a
dd if=/dev/fb0 of=/mnt/us/fb0.raw

and get a shot that way. until I decide on the 5's fate...
To wipe and get on with it? or keep the corner case alive. sigh. suppose I can fiddle with the xorg.conf in the interim and try to inject more calls into SDL (I'm still convinced!!! it's not flipping from code, I can actually get it to show the full game now)

SS to be enc next.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #43
twobob

Doom Seen Running on a Kindle 5 (mine)

So yeah. After an enormous amount of fiddling about and after FINALLY giving in and switching to windows to edit up some screenshots.

So after a refresher course in Photoshop action batching:

Here is indeed some shots of prboom happening (with Sound!!!) on a kindle 5.
well okay there's no sound in these pictures. I'll do a viddy when I get the Certs fixed.

There are still some serious difficulties ahead but I think we can agree this is POC. next up? Fix my dang kindle certs add some sensible controls.

Package it neatly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fb2.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	92985   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb0.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	92986   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	92987   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb4.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	92988   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb3.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	92989   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb5.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	92990   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb6.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	92991   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb7.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	92992   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb8.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	92993   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb9.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	92994   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb11.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	92995   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb12.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	92996   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb13.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	92997   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb14.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	92998   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb15.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	92999   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb16.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	93000  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #44
twobob

Oh and kill the xprocess whilst simultaneoulsy convincing whatever it is that is watching it that it is not dead.

That would be nice. Thoughts on that gratefully accepted.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #45
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It is nice to see that someone likes to write "Articles" - -
Never had that before among the membership, the "Articles" section needed someone to use it.
Some people get comfortable with one section of the CMS and stick with using it (only).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote