Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
BIG45-70
BIG45-70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Battery doesn't seem to be last long?

I just got my new Kobo acouple days ago. After my first day of only about an hour of use the battery showed signs of small drain I'd guess showing about 80% full. Just wondering if this is normal? Maybe the battery animation (when you hit the display button) is inaccurate?
BIG45-70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
There is issues with how the battery operates with the original firmware. The new firmware 1.4 addresses most of the battery issues.

Note though, the upgrade process is a tad rocky and it would be worth looking at some of the update threads here.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Have a look at the sticky Page Turns thread above. Lots of real data on battery life.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote