Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
alexhunter27
alexhunter27 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Book cover issue

My apologies if this is posted elsewhere.
I am trying to add an image as a cover but when I open the book in calibre all I get is the first page. Does the image need to be in a special format?
At the moment it is a jpeg.

I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
alexhunter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
jpg

No a jpg should work just fine.

In Sigil, pick the title page, then use the "image" button, it looks like a picture frame. It should bring up a box that allows you add in a image for the cover.

Alternately you could also add the cover in Calibre by editing the metadata.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhunter27 View Post
My apologies if this is posted elsewhere.
I am trying to add an image as a cover but when I open the book in calibre all I get is the first page. Does the image need to be in a special format?
At the moment it is a jpeg.

I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
If a cover pre-exists in the book or cover browsers, Calibre will use it to create to create a "Titlepage" when the book is converted.
be aware that all readers do not behave the same, there is an "Convert option" No SVG Image that might need to be set if you can see a cover on the PC, but not on your reader.

Sassanik's way works well for adding (or swapping-out one for a better one without disturbing your additional formatting work) covers and other images after conversion to Epub.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:37 AM   #4
alexhunter27
alexhunter27 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks so much to both of you.
alexhunter27 is offline   Reply With Quote